Should we now go after the papers?

I think first off wait for the full verdict and read what it says. Then select targets carefully - individuals would be the best - if Roan said something that is demonstrably incorrect then sue HIM not the BBC. If a journo writing for a paper does the same do the same back - put the fear of god up journalists and just for the giggles pick your targets and serve papers on them all first thing on the same morning in dawn raids.

We should draw up a list of those who have written shite long before the verdict was in and stick on them the same ban as clubs often dole out for miscreants among their own fans - a lifetime. I'd love to see Dirty Dan Roan banned from The Etihad Campus. I can't think of a more odious character in the world of sport that my licence fee is employing.

I’d let it be and focus on football domination. Middle Eastern owned club pursuing papers and seeking to suppress them won’t work, better to be less nice, less accommodating and deal more with the hacks who behave. All out bans etc are too clumsy we just need to play smarter and reward the more honest and professional journalists and ignore the haters without resorting to blunt instruments like bans... let them in but exclude them from private sessions with Pep etc.

From this day onwards, yes, we should.

Go after the individuals saying anything slanderous or defamatory from now on, now we have been found not guilty.

It's not as easy as just going after them because they've said negative things about us.

They would have had to have written things plainly untrue and which were libellous. Very hard to prove.

Also, as has been said before, it's not a good look for the owners to be seen to be silencing journalists.

Ask @projectriver about it, he's a solicitor?

YES

Every hour today there’s another hack lying and defaming the club.

If there’s a case, let’s take all those that have done this to court.

Yes. We got told the club had finally had enough of the lies being told and the orchestrated campaign against, which the media has more than played its part and they need to finally realise they cant peddle their lies about us.

Anything less is a cop out on our part and smacks of us not really giving a fuck about the lies so long as we can play in their comps and pocket the money along with the rest.

certain individuals behind this need to be brought to book.

There is another option for us to do. That would be to write to all the media and telling them any thing be it libellous or slanderous will result in serious action in the courts For now we will except a full apology plus that person being given a red card and removed permanently from his post.

Failure to comply may result in a court case. The ball is now in your court. So what are you going to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.