Should we prioritise Champions League now?

We've conceded more in the league. They conceded a few against Arsenal in the league cup which I'm sure they'll be devastated about. Especially when their u18's lose to Villa in the quarters whilst they win the world club comp instead.

League and CL, they conceded more than us. Don't get me wrong, I'm fairly sure they are very happy with their season so far and we're not really, but they are definitely not the only team who can defend in Europe. 20 conceded goals in 19 league and Cl games doesn't look like Europe's best defence.

They're nowhere near last season's highs, just as we are not. The only difference is that they are grinding wins and we're getting punished for all mistakes. Or they concede a goal each game, we win two or three 3:0 and then concede 2-3 in one and drop points. Their last clean sheet in all competitions was on September 28th at Sheffield. They only had 3 of them so far this year and one was against MK Dons (other two Burnley and Sheffield). 3 clean sheets in 22 games are very, very mediocre defence.

Last edited:
This thread was started on the 11th NOV

Who the fuck gives up on anything in nov

Shakes head
How can we prioritize a competition that starts really in February of next year. Surely the next game has to be the priority and to try and get back to playing well so that we can build momentum.

Now that the Prem has gone, I don't want to see Fernandinho play centre-back ever again for us.

He's done an excellent job there but Laporte will be back for the knockout stages and the only hope of us winning the Champs League is with Fernandinho is in his best position where he remains head and shoulders above Gundogan and Rodri in that position. That's our only hope of us winning the CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.