Should we prioritise Champions League now?

No.

Not for me. Competing in the champions league is futile for us. It's now become blatant the way Manchester City is refereed differently to other English and European teams. The powers that be will prevent any success we may aspire to.

Focus on our next premier league game and see where we are in February?
100%

I’m not sure we’ve got the back 4 to win the champions league, we played against top notch forwards yesterday and they scored at will and pressed high up the pitch. Top strikers in Europe would have a field day against our centre backs at the moment with how we are defending.

Other thing is Pep gets it wrong in the big games, our last 3 exits from the champions league and the fact he’s only managed one point in 4 visits to Anfield in the league. How does he over come this? Not too sure, Chelsea winning the champions league in 2012 with a team you would struggle to name half of they were that bad that year is the hope that with a bit of luck maybe things can fall into place. However that’s before we get on the officials who like to fuck us over at every available opportunity.

I'm not sure we can win it too, but we have to try to win something and if things don't change in the league soon, then we should prioritize CL.

I'm not sure we can win it too, but we have to try to win something and if things don't change in the league soon, then we should prioritize CL.

keep in touch with Liverpool, see what happens in the festive season and where we are early 2020. If we get the luck of the draw in the champions league see what happens, they need to get this monkey off their back with quarter final games.

Can't see UEFA 'allowing us' to win the CL, think we may have to look towards domestic cups...there's still a treble to play for.

Would be great to win it if we cannot get the premier league. Would shut up the no history brigade too. I think the team and owners would be ecstatic, more sponsorship deals etc as well.

Vinnys speech in that fight till the end documentary last season makes me think the players are more motivated for the CL.

First and foremost we need to sort out our performances. We are not currently playing our best football and, if we don't start playing it soon, we won't be in a position to prioritise anything.

But, if we can recapture our form, we could still win the lot.

When you look at returning players possibly with a point to prove, then you might say the CL will come back at exactly the right time. When we are at our best there is no one in the world that can beat us, but for some reason the CL is rarely where we are at our best.

I am still not greedy enough to think that a trophy is a bad season. I love a day out to Wembley with my Dad, and I grew up in the 90s where the idea of City even being in a final was incomprehensible, so if we "only" win the FA cup this year so be it.

I don't think you can choose what to win, there's too much chance involved with cup draws, bad ref decisions, etc that mean you can be knocked out of a cup no matter how much we prioritise it.

We have to believe that with players returning from injury, scouse luck having to run out in some games, hopefully them picking up key injuries with so many games that they will drop points.

We are quite capable of going unbeaten in the league the rest of the season, we've done it before. We've also gone on to win the title from eight points behind with a lot fewer games left than we have now. I actually think we still have more chance of winning the league than the CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.