should we really go for the europa if we end up in it?

mancyman

if as looks likely we end up playing in the europa league should we go all out to win it or not? last season many people said we were better off when we got knocked out and ended up winning fa cup and finishing equal 2nd if you like in league. do we want to be playing thursday and sunday if we go for it and even if we win the thing will get the stick about it being a 2nd rate competition. so what do you think?

I don't think we should go for it. Playing on a Thursday = less rest for the weekend fixtures. In my opinion the league is much more important now. I say we play the second string like we do in the CC and see how far that gets us.

No I dont think we should. The Europa affected our league form last year and we cant let the same happen this season. Play the second string and see where it gets us.

It's really important not to let the Europa impact on our league challenge. Priority 1 is the prem. Priority 2 is any other cup. Priority 3 was getting out of the Chumps group stage. You can't let failure of your tertiary objective impact your primary goal.

Use it to blood fresh, young players and give fringe players game time to keep them happy-ish.

If we end up in Europa league............which we will...........Mancini should look at the team he is going to pick for the sunday leaue game following the cup game and not start with any of those 11 players.

And then lets see how far we get.

One bad point is i always think it a bit tougher knowing we have to win on a sunday after other results from saturday games are known.

PLus atmostphere on sundays is never as good.

Absolutely, & i think we will..

Go for it, win the UEFA Cup as well as the League & then beat Barca or Madrid in the Super Cup too, cool beans..;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.