Should we retire Number 42 when Yaya leaves?

No shirt number should ever be retired for any reason. We should never have retired 23 for Foe neither

No. End of. I’d never deny his early influence but he’s hardly the greatest of all time. Would he get a stand like Colin Bell?

I mentioned in the David Silva thread that while we have not traditionally retired shirt numbers, because teams used the 1-11, in an era of squad numbers, is it time to identify and recognize the real game changers and giants of an era.

As such, Yaya has been instrumental in the growth of Brand City and the new era of success we have enjoyed, and hope to enjoy long into the future.

So, has the Number 42 become “his”? Will it always be synonymous with Yaya?

No way he allowed his agent to dish our club on several occasions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I think it's weird how we retire a shirt number as a tribute to people in this country. I'd like to see us go the other way and retire the shirt numbers of the truly dreadful players who played for us. Sometimes I think the only logical explanation for certain performances of Samaras, Corradi, Garrido et al is that their shirt numbers were somehow cursed.

This, Yaya has been fabulous for us, but you retire a shirt when a player/former player dies, not when they go somewhere else.
I don’t think that should happen neither. Find it weird

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.