Should we sign a natural false 9?

Should we sign a natural false 9?

• Yes

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • No

Votes: 54 74.0%

• Total voters
We missed this boat with Messi. It’s the hardest position in football to execute well - I’ve only ever seen Messi and KDB do it to a world class level. Foden will get there, but there’s no such thing as a ‘natural’ false 9, anywhere.
I think griezmen is the closest thing to a natural false 9 after Messi.

Given how long it takes new signings to truly get pep's way of playing, we're better off persisting with kdb, grealish, and Palmer (who looked excellent when he played there). Kdb already d cent there, grealish will get there.

Rather we get a proper striker so we have both options.

Don’t think I want a pure striker, but I think I want a new forward that is very comfortable through the middle(good in the air) and equally comfortable on the wings. People like Antonio, Son, Jota, Chiesa or even a more clinical Jesus

Messi was the one, I maintain the opinion that he’d have been perfect in this team. Instead he’s rotting away in Paris.

Nah, I think we have players more than capable of doing the role. Plus, there really isn't alot of pure F9s out there - the top of the line of such type being Messi, and the purest F9 atm imo is Firmino. Other than that, maybe Dybala.

Much rather have a proper striker, so we have options.

Joao Felix is the biggest myth in football. If anything he is even worse this season than he was last year, and that’s saying something.
His career record at Atletico is an absolute dog

View attachment 31171
Bernardo silva's stats weren't much better. He's not really a striker and Atletico was never going to be a place to get the most out of what he has to offer

Messi would've been great. I think Harry would've fit the jigsaw too, although not a pure false 9.

My vote at this point would be to see what Pep can do with Haaland. I think he wants it.

Fabregas is another name I've seen play the false 9 well, btw

I think we need a striker who can drop into midfield. Someone lethal in the box who has the skills, attitude and energy to be converted by Pep into another beast in midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.