Should we take a shot at Modric?

Mr. Aguia

He really didn't get much time last year and with the signing of illarramendi and Isco I can't see him getting much time at all. Maybe he would be interested in a move away from Madrid. He's a proven PL talent, can score goals from the midfield and increase our talent, flexability and depth.

Definitely. Fantastic player and like you say could be worried about playing time next season.

A double-swoop for Modric & Di Maria would be my idea of a double-signing.

If available, then most definitely.

A midfield trio of Yaya-Modric-Fernandinho would be something to behold.

prior to signing Fernandinho i would have said to... but now it seems pointless. perhaps if Barry is moved out i could see it.

SkyBlueCanuck said:
prior to signing Fernandinho i would have said to... but now it seems pointless. perhaps if Barry is moved out i could see it.

Totally different kind of player when compared with Barry. More in the Silva/Nasri ilk.

Admittedly I've not seen too much of Jovetic,but he doesn't get my pulse racing. Modric would be a great addition and you'd expect him to hit the ground running having played in the PL already.

bluetim said:
SkyBlueCanuck said:

Totally different kind of player when compared with Barry. More in the Silva/Nasri ilk.

Admittedly I've not seen too much of Jovetic,but he doesn't get my pulse racing. Modric would be a great addition and you'd expect him to hit the ground running having played in the PL already.

i see Modric as playing behind the Silva/Nasri types. and with Yaya, Fernandinho, Rodwell and Barry already occupying that real estate, i don't think we'd have enough room to get Modric.
maybe i'm wrong but i doubt it will matter since i can't see us being in for him.

There's definitely a place available in our team for Modric, creative player that has enough defensive ability to be able to play as one of a midfield two. Don't think he'll be leaving this year though.

The time to raid Madrid's midfield is next year once Ancelotti has his preferred starting midfield. With a new manager coming in all of them right now will fancy their chances of establishing themselves in Madrids midfield. They wouldn't be there if they didn't. Next season there will definitely be 1/2 minimum top quality players available from Madrid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.