Bury fans club AFC start a new life in NWCL

We already 'gave' them Carrington. They're an abysmally run club it seems. I used to pay into the Shakers Monthly Raffle £2 per week and the collector used to tell me some right tales of backroom politics. Only 3000 fans of Bury turn out on a regular basis. 3000. That's hardly any income per season. They were talking a season or two ago about building a new stadium! Ffs, you couldn't make it up. What they need is fan ownership, a sensible budget and some radical thinking in terms of attracting players. Maybe go into partnership with a bigger foreign club looking to loan players or similar. Maybe take on players out of contract with hunger to prove previous employers wrong. Doing what they're doing now is bleeding the club dry and will continue to do so if we were to bail them out this time. So I'll tell you where I'm at, I'm out.

We already 'gave' them Carrington. They're an abysmally run club it seems. I used to pay into the Shakers Monthly Raffle £2 per week and the collector used to tell me some right tales of backroom politics. Only 3000 fans of Bury turn out on a regular basis. 3000. That's hardly any income per season. They were talking a season or two ago about building a new stadium! Ffs, you couldn't make it up. What they need is fan ownership, a sensible budget and some radical thinking in terms of attracting players. Maybe go into partnership with a bigger foreign club looking to loan players or similar. Maybe take on players out of contract with hunger to prove previous employers wrong. Doing what they're doing now is bleeding the club dry and will continue to do so if we were to bail them out this time. So I'll tell you where I'm at, I'm out.
We got Colin Bell from Bury. Seriously I don't want to see any of our local teams go out of business apart from United. Scholes and co should of took on Bury instead of funding a club right on Bury's doorstep, they were already in the league and last year got automatic promotion.

Neville Neville passed away a few years ago. And he was commercial manager, not chairman.

Current chairman is a very dodgy asset stripper, previous one was good at running up massive debts. Neither of them are Bury people or Bury fans.

The Nevilles show their loyalty by investing in Salford City instead....

Wasn't that the reason for FFP, to stop clubs from going out of business?. So I imagined the top clubs would donate one percent of their income to a fund that helps less fortunate clubs in times of need
Or did I just dream it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.