Should you judge a book, Buy its cover.

zangatangring

Ok, another thought provoking question. Let me be clear in that I'm not trying to be pompous and I'm just an ordinary guy who just wants to know the opinions of others.

Should you judge a book by its cover?

Well, yes, I think you should. A more appropriate phrase, for me, being "Should you judge a book, buy its cover." Why should you judge a book by its cover? Well your appearance is an epitomisation of your personality is it not?

Why does a book even have a cover? It must surely be because 'superficial' judgement is an immutable trait of the human mind or because it's an appropriate way of summarising the contents of a book. Either way, judging is inexorable. I feel that the appearance of all the people I know is indicative of their personality. Isn't that common sense?You're appearance is just an ostensibly less discernible indication of your character. I guess the problem arises from judging what you yourself can judge. That, in itself, is an irresolvable problem. One, I feel, in which no-one can ever perfect. Personally,

I'm less gifted than most in judgement. For this reason, I try to judge people with great purpose and conviction, to correct any subconscious fallacies I may assume. For me, it works better than simply 'not judging.' I feel that's impossible.

Is that right? Or am i wrong? why?

Thoughts?

zangatangring said:
Ok, another thought provoking question. Let me be clear in that I'm not trying to be pompous and I'm just an ordinary guy who just wants to know the opinions of others.

Should you judge a book by its cover?

Well, yes, I think you should. A more appropriate phrase, for me, being "Should you judge a book, buy its cover." Why should you judge a book by its cover? Well your appearance is an epitomisation of your personality is it not?

Why does a book even have a cover? It must surely be because 'superficial' judgement is an immutable trait of the human mind or because it's an appropriate way of summarising the contents of a book. Either way, judging is inexorable. I feel that the appearance of all the people I know is indicative of their personality. Isn't that common sense?You're appearance is just an ostensibly less discernible indication of your character. I guess the problem arises from judging what you yourself can judge. That, in itself, is an irresolvable problem. One, I feel, in which no-one can ever perfect. Personally,

I'm less gifted than most in judgement. For this reason, I try to judge people with great purpose and conviction, to correct any subconscious fallacies I may assume. For me, it works better than simply 'not judging.' I feel that's impossible.

Is that right? Or am i wrong? why?

Thoughts?

How camp are you?

stonerblue said:
If it's a book about spelling and punctuation, yes.
Are you an undercover member of the....
155ma2r.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.