Shouldn't City be paying staff real living wage?

Liverpool have become the third club to sign up to the RLW iniative, following on from Everton and Chelsea. Surely City, in our financial position, should follow suit? Would be great to see the club take a stance for the good of their employees.
Do we know City don’t pay the RLW to staff Ric?

Would think that the club sub-contract a percentage of the menial tasks at the club , so remuneration for some of the "workers" at the club would be out of their control , although there is nothing to stop the club from insisting every employee gets a RLW in any agreed contracts , the clubs contribution to the community is important and a RLW is a basic esssential

When my Son and my Niece worked there they were payed the minimum wage but worse was there were only contracted to work 6 hours per week but were ecpected to work as nany hours as needed .My view is all workers should get a living wage then less people would have to claim benifits .why should the taxpayers bail out big business's

Yup, provided those employed are upto the task.
The biggest issue I have is employing youngsters where the minimum living wage is lower.
When I worked behind the bar in the late 70's my wage was the rate for the job which in today's money would be I think more than the minimum or living wage.

It’s pretty disgraceful that the club will pay some employees (at least) £10m per year whilst refusing to pay others what’s regarded the minimum amount to get by. It would cost the club next to nothing in the scheme of things to implement this. Probably less than one player’s weekly wage. No excuses for the other PL teams too.

With all the increased money the club is getting from TV et al it seems that the supporters and it’s lowest paid workers are pretty far down it’s list of priorities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.