Showing support for Sterling @ Everton game

Benjani56

I was wondering if the power of this forum would help to get something going to show that as a fanbase we are truly behind Raheem. Given the abuse he’s had, what the media have made him subject to and subsequently having the courage to speak out - I think he deserves this and would appreciate it

Obviously there will probably be chants in support of him etc but I was wondering if there is more that we could do I.e. a banner/large flag - any ideas?

I was wondering if the power of this forum would help to get something going to show that as a fanbase we are truly behind Raheem. Given the abuse he’s had, what the media have made him subject to and subsequently having the courage to speak out - I think he deserves this and would appreciate it

Obviously there will probably be chants in support of him etc but I was wondering if there is more that we could do I.e. a banner/large flag - any ideas?

Agree, there should be and probably will be overwhelming support for the lad, for starters when then team sheet is read out as the players come out and the announcer shouts and No7.

It might be a bit short notice to paint a big banner, getting one to print takes a number of days to. Lets see, could always not go to bed tonight and paint a 15m "sterling won the double"

I personally think he'd rather we didn't do that. He isn't that type of person.
He just wants to play football and live his life. Us making a big deal of him just keeps the attention on him.

We support him every week. We don't need to make a big song and dance about him on Saturday. He wouldn't want that.
Just wants to play football and be praised for what he brings to the team.

I personally think he'd rather we didn't do that. He isn't that type of person.
He just wants to play football and live his life. Us making a big deal of him just keeps the attention on him.

We support him every week. We don't need to make a big song and dance about him on Saturday. He wouldn't want that.
Just wants to play football and be praised for what he brings to the team.
I can see what you're saying and maybe agree with you but none of us really know what he would want. I think us supporting him in the way that we always do will be sufficient. I am certainly not saying that fans shouldn't do whatever they feel necessary.

Cant wait, got so much respect for the fella. He's obvs been feeling this for years (Despite what some on here say!) he needs some lovin, City need something to galvanise around.

I don't think there is a man alive that win the chips are down doesn't need at some point to be shown support... Not that Raheems chips are totally down, he will come across more sturdy bridges to cross in his career no doubt.

But I think for his next home game to feel the full support of the stadium and how the fans love him, he will benefit hugely and be able to put it all behind him within minutes of his first kick, it will be something he will remember on 10th year at city celebration !

I don't think there is a man alive that win the chips are down doesn't need at some point to be shown support... Not that Raheems chips are totally down, he will come across more sturdy bridges to cross in his career no doubt.

But I think for his next home game to feel the full support of the stadium and how the fans love him, he will benefit hugely and be able to put it all behind him within minutes of his first kick, it will be something he will remember on 10th year at city celebration !

respected the guy before this but even more so now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.