Sick and tired of our 'fans'

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Santiago Street . said:
Maybe if more of our fans cared enough to lose their temper then we'd create an atmosphere at Maine Rd similar to that yesterday.
That might be a bit of a struggle these days mate ;-)

My bad, though I bet some days there's more noise on the little estate that replaced Maine Rd than there is at the etihad

Prestwich_Blue said:
Good job I didn't start the "Kompany is the new Richard Dunne. Discuss." thread then isn't it?

Richard Dunne was an unfit pisshead who many Blues mistakenly idolised. We all know if Sun Jihai or David Sommeil had made the same errors he'd made (the red cards, the own goals) then they'd have been hounded as badly as Richard Edghill was. He got away with murder. It's not been as bad with Vincent Kompany but he's made some crucial mistakes since he's played for us yet nobody singles him out for it. For me, he has to have the right central defensive partnership next season otherwise it'll just carry on.

bored at work said:
It's the internet mate - inhabited by masturbating teenagers, paedos and clueless city "fans" who have never been to a game.

I just need a minute to work out which category I should be in.

Santiago Street . said:
Way too many holier than thou fans on here, get over your fucking selves

Did you never come out of a game and say to your mate "player x is shit" or "how the fuck does that useless **** get in our team" etc etc

It's always happened. Doesn't make you any less of a fan, it means that you care enough to lose your temper.

Maybe if more of our fans cared enough to lose their temper then we'd create an atmosphere at Maine Rd similar to that yesterday.

Yeh but losing your temper doesn't equate to a positive atmosphere. Bad tempers create a negative vibe which we can hear week in week out when even just a single pass goes astray. Let's face it the atmosphere at the Etihad has been poor and the less said about the early leavers the better which is a shame considering the stars that are on show for us every week. It will be interesting to see if Sundays atmosphere has made any impression on city fans and whether we have the will and energy to give some vocal backing to the team when they need us most.

peoffrey said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Good job I didn't start the "Kompany is the new Richard Dunne. Discuss." thread then isn't it?

Richard Dunne was an unfit pisshead who many Blues mistakenly idolised. We all know if Sun Jihai or David Sommeil had made the same errors he'd made (the red cards, the own goals) then they'd have been hounded as badly as Richard Edghill was. He got away with murder. It's not been as bad with Vincent Kompany but he's made some crucial mistakes since he's played for us yet nobody singles him out for it. For me, he has to have the right central defensive partnership next season otherwise it'll just carry on.
Bit over the top about Richard Dunne . Did you go for a pint with Richard Dunne ,

We're not really here said:
In the past day I have read and heard the following. Micah ia a ****, Vinny should not be our captain, Navas is shit, as is Clichy, as is Zabba. David would have scored if he could kick it with his right foot, Nasri is shit, obviously so is Edin. Yaya is shit and will hopefully be out all season, Sergio doesn't care and finally Manuel is useless, clueless and needs to be sacked.
What the fuck have we become? I'm genuinely not sure whether I preferred the days when despite being bobbins we had true support. If this is what being successful means then it really is pathetic.
Nothing has changed .Mike Summerbee got slagged of in his hey day .Joe Royle .Niall Quinn used to get loads of stick . Kit Symons used to get booed when his name got read out .Some players were hounded out of the club by the fans Joe Corrigan go tsome terrible stick .only difference is people do it on forums

cyberblue said:
We're not really here said:
In the past day I have read and heard the following. Micah ia a ****, Vinny should not be our captain, Navas is shit, as is Clichy, as is Zabba. David would have scored if he could kick it with his right foot, Nasri is shit, obviously so is Edin. Yaya is shit and will hopefully be out all season, Sergio doesn't care and finally Manuel is useless, clueless and needs to be sacked.
What the fuck have we become? I'm genuinely not sure whether I preferred the days when despite being bobbins we had true support. If this is what being successful means then it really is pathetic.
Nothing has changed .Mike Summerbee got slagged of in his hey day .Joe Royle .Niall Quinn used to get loads of stick . Kit Symons used to get booed when his name got read out .Some players were hounded out of the club by the fans Joe Corrigan go tsome terrible stick .only difference is people do it on forums

I remember the Goat getting all kinds of grief his first year or so. That was back when we only had "real" fans of course.

This is just the nature of football and supporters. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Billy Meredith had people slagging him and calling him a useless donkey in 1894 or some such.

Before the Internet fans went to the pub to vent their spleen.

They booed at the match because thats the only way they could send their displeasure to the players, management, Chairman etc.

Now you come on here start a thread that slags Uncle Tom Cobbley and all off, the next day it's front page in one of the redtops.

How times have changed!!

baildon blue said:
peoffrey said:

Bit over the top about Richard Dunne . Did you go for a pint with Richard Dunne ,

I seem to be the only person who didn't. I'll live with that.

Can someone try and address the points about the red cards, own goals and poor positioning that led to numerous errors? We all know that if Sun Jihai or Richard Edgill had made these mistakes then they'd have been hounded out of Manchester by an angry mob. Ditto Kompany. He seems unable to form a defensive partnership with either Demichelis or Lescott. I hope Mangala will be the answer or, if not, I'd rather sign him and let Kompany prove he can do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.