Sick and tired of our 'fans'

It's only on here that I see these ridiculous fans, whenever I meet supporters in the outside world they are generally reasonable. It's the internet!

We're not really here said:
All of them? Some on here are regulars and still talk complete shite. We're all pissed off but for God's sake get real.

Well, indeed.

I'm not looking for a medal or to swap the 'badge of honour' misery stories about the past that some fans revel in, but in fifty years of watching the team this is the best set of players we have ever had at the club. Some supporters need to cast back their minds - if, of course, they were there - to the Alan Ball/Frank Clark period where the levels of both aptitude and commitment amongst the players was miserably poor.

The very last thing I want City fans to be accused of is the "spoilt brat" syndrome so patently seen in United followers over the years; the notion that a second or third place finish is unacceptable, that our entitlement to success is absolute, that enjoyment comes only from winning and that defeat of any kind opens up the manager and team to a steam of abuse and accusations.

The connection between fans and club has got to be stronger than that. At least at our club.

It's nothing new. All fan-based forums have to contend with this type of knee jerk reaction. If L/Pool fuck it up against Norwich next week then check out RAWK they'll be demanding Roger's head on a plate. All this Merseyside loving will turn into massacres in the streets.

Everyone has an opinion. Expectations have changed in terms of winning trophies and therefore so have the expectations on performances of our players, some of whom are the best paid in the world. There'll always be overreaction in the usage of words to describe some players, especially on a forum.

An example, if people wanted to lambast Vinny today for his mistake...then why not? Everyone can make a mistake, but he's paid NOT to make them (or not those type of schoolboy errors). He's still a hero to us, but mistakes have been creeping into his game lately (Sunderland cup, Hull away and now this). Doesn't mean people won't support him, but fuck me, that's a shocker and he deserves the stick for that incident, whatever else he's done for the club.

And as for the fans changing over the years...it was 15-20 years ago that our fans had a massive hate campaign against the likes of Richard Edghill...things aint changed that much then eh?...

ChichesterBlue said:
Everyone has an opinion. Expectations have changed in terms of winning trophies and therefore so have the expectations on performances of our players, some of whom are the best paid in the world. There'll always be overreaction in the usage of words to describe some players, especially on a forum.

An example, if people wanted to lambast Vinny today for his mistake...then why not? Everyone can make a mistake, but he's paid NOT to make them (or not those type of schoolboy errors). He's still a hero to us, but mistakes have been creeping into his game lately (Sunderland cup, Hull away and now this). Doesn't mean people won't support him, but fuck me, that's a shocker and he deserves the stick for that incident, whatever else he's done for the club.

And as for the fans changing over the years...it was 15-20 years ago that our fans had a massive hate campaign against the likes of Richard Edghill...things aint changed that much then eh?...

Mate, he got plenty of stick off me today but take his captaincy away? Would I replace him for anybody else? Not a chance. Also good to see Mr smartarse is on here!

Blumers Bloomers said:
Can we name and shame them? There are a couple of posters who I think should have their names in lights for their over reactions (not for the first time today either)

Ducado could have a list like he does for the ITKs and KFAs
I think I'd probably make that list.

You need to understand that in the heat of the moment, most people are just venting their frustration. It's like screaming "I hate you" in an argument.

When I look back at some of the shit I write I cringe.

In the midst of it all though I still think I make some 'OK' points, it's just my execution is atrocious. Today for example, I was frustrated that Kompany made those errors and I am disappointed that he appeared on MOTD last week. In the heat of the moment though I said he should be 'ashamed of himself' and that he sucks Gary Linekers dick. Probably out of order considering Vincent will be more disappointed than anyone today.

I work Monday to Friday and live for the weekend so I can watch City. When all is said and done I still believe we can win the title. It ain't over 'till it's over, we know that more than anyone.

We all just want City to do well, so when you see someone posting about how shit Kolarov is or how Dzeko is a donkey, just laugh because you know that person will go mental with joy when Dzeko scores a late winner or Kolarov does a last ditch tackle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.