Sick and Tired of the City Spending Critics

BigJoe#1

I am utterly fed up of the pundits that constantly refer to the amount of money City spend and the fact we have an "expensive" bench.

Yes we have bought great players but, were they playing at the level an standard they are currently at City, before we purchased them? I venture to suggest not.

Players like Gundogan, Bernardo, Ederson, Diaz, Rodri, were in my opinion good players but Pep has turned them into fantastic players who are the envy of all our opponents. I don't think we have gone out to attract and sign world beaters (and to this end I hope we don't chase Messi... he was world class, he is brilliant but he is not the future).

In summary, I think all our purchases have been of good players and City and Pep has made them great and the envy of everyone else.

So please all you pundits out there that read this forum, realise that we are making good players great and we do NOT pay record fees for any positions!

RANT OVER!!

So Micah what do you say to the critics who moan about City's spending?
tenor.gif

Who was the last elite player we bought at their absolute prime who didn’t improve at city or see their value increase further?

I can only think Tevez and that’s about 12 years ago

But we have spent a lot of money so the conversation about it will never go away. And that's fine if people want to point that out. We shouldn't be ashamed that our club has an owner willing to invest in the club and back the manager in signing the players he wants. If they want to be bitter about it then let them. We will carry on being the well run club we are and continue investing what is necessary to reach our goals.

If we sign messi and Haaland these fuckers will have a heart attack. Long may it continue. The more they hate us the better it is
Haarland alone would do for me, Messi is like Aguero (reaching his best before date). Mind you Ive always liked Antonio, he would be a good front man for us and probably be happy to play in "selected" matches.

Another Hammer I would have liked to have signed was Rice, but I think that boat has sailed now that we have Diaz.

We're not the only ones who have spent money. United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others have also spent lots of money. We started from a much lower base and were lucky that Sheikh Mansour took over just before FFP came in.

Obviously we spent a lot and failed FFP but have been compliant since. We know about United, with the Glazers' taking out over £1bn since their takeover. Liverpool paid FSG £50m in the 2 years 2018 and 2019. That £25m a year taken out equates to amortisation on £125m of players.

Arsenal brought in plenty of money but their owner was more interested in the balance sheet and got complacent. They may never get back to the top 4 because of that.

We also spend only what we earn these days. There's no bottomless pit of money; we're self sufficient but great strategy and management has got us to that point. Yet the media still spout the 'unlimited funds' lie.

Well - fuck 'em.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.