Sick and Tired of the City Spending Critics

Who cares? City didn't create the rules! Investment in football teams isn't anything new and all the great sides have needed capital to build success. Anyone that says different is either a liar or doesnt have a clue about football history.
As Pep eloquently explained at his Friday presser.

Never understood why people get upset over this. Chelsea got it, we get it. Without the spending we wouldn't be where we are.
I'd rather it this way than mid table obscurity or being a yo-yo club.
Plenty more in life to get fed up at tbh.
The boss has learned to deal with it in his pressers.
I remember an Everton fan ranting at me that we were lucky that the Sheik chose City. I replied that he was right and what was his point, I explained that I was well aware that we had won the lottery . He wasn’t happy with the reply I think he just wanted a argument about it and he wasn’t going to get it from me.

Don’t know why it bothers you in fact it would make me happy if my club was peeing everyone off :) they did the same with Blackburn the same with Chelsea and now you lot .......... the national press in this country need plastic fans on board and the majority are no doubt Rags and scouse fans so it’s on natural that they will bow to them to keep them in side

Everyone saying just ignore it is missing the point.

We deserve balanced, interesting, cutting edge football coverage just as much as supporters of every other team.

The fact that tired old cliches, repetitive insults and city bingo is used so often means that we dont get that coverage.

It doesnt upset me, but it means that we get sub standard coverage compared to other football supporters.

Thats why we shouldnt just ignore it.

The crux of the matter is always 1. the money is dirty and 2. that we spent more than anyone else since the takeover. It's a bit of a stupid argument, if you are a mid table team and you come into a lot of money, why the fuck would you sit on it and not buy the players you need to get to the next level? Is the fact that we have bought quality players, got good managers in and improved all the facilities, the reason we have won things? Well, DUH.

What they all fail to realise is, every club that has had a successful period has had an influx of money at one point or another to get them ahead of the pecking order. When Scholar bought Spurs in the 80's, they had the biggest debt in English football and they had been relegated in the 70s. They had spent a load on Ardiles and Villa, and continued to spend with Scholar on players and stadium improvements (getting into further debt). Funnily enough, Spurs were the team that pushed the hardest for more TV money and worked to get the PL breakaway.

Obviously Liverpool were owned by the Moores family who had Littlewoods and were one of the richest families in Britain. They broke the transfer record a number of times, had the best of everything at the height of their powers. The reason they stayed so long was the Moores family did not sell up until Hicks and Gill came around and that was only because even they, could no longer compete with the other clubs financially. That's the true reason of the bitterness.

James Gibson bought the rags just before WW2 and injected a lot of money into the club. The notion that the Busby Babes were all local talent, created by the club was only a half truth. They were youngsters nicked from all over Great Britain and brought to the best facilities after the war.

Every club has had it, most of them were so long ago that all the cunts remember is what they benefited from it (EVEN including fucking Chelsea, who Ken Linvingston bought for £1 because they were bankrupt!). Given time, maybe in 2050 onwards, everyone will have also forgotten that we once had loads of money injected into the club, and the next wave of City fans will be complaining about Accrington being the richest club in the world and winning everything?

I am utterly fed up of the pundits that constantly refer to the amount of money City spend and the fact we have an "expensive" bench.

Yes we have bought great players but, were they playing at the level an standard they are currently at City, before we purchased them? I venture to suggest not.

Players like Gundogan, Bernardo, Ederson, Diaz, Rodri, were in my opinion good players but Pep has turned them into fantastic players who are the envy of all our opponents. I don't think we have gone out to attract and sign world beaters (and to this end I hope we don't chase Messi... he was world class, he is brilliant but he is not the future).

In summary, I think all our purchases have been of good players and City and Pep has made them great and the envy of everyone else.

So please all you pundits out there that read this forum, realise that we are making good players great and we do NOT pay record fees for any positions!

RANT OVER!!
I agree. This issue seemed to have subsided for a while but its been very noticeable lately that the "City ruining football" / "All their achievements are hollow" agenda is fully back on.

No-one ever, ever mentions the £1.2bn United have spent over the past decade. Nor the £1.3bn Chelsea have spent. Never mind Liverpool's 900m.

Last edited:
Everyone saying just ignore it is missing the point.

We deserve balanced, interesting, cutting edge football coverage just as much as supporters of every other team.

The fact that tired old cliches, repetitive insults and city bingo is used so often means that we dont get that coverage.

It doesnt upset me, but it means that we get sub standard coverage compared to other football supporters.

Thats why we shouldnt just ignore it.
Agree. It's a concerted attempt to devalue our achievements, and that will have a direct impact upon our ability to inspire and attract new support and over time, new revenue streams. So this is important imo.

This is not about whether we are pissing people off or not.

It is all magnified at present because of our achievements and consistency. The narrative now is that a strong squad is a form of cheating. Truth is Pep has rotated brilliantly and managed resources, others like Klopp, Rodgers etc. play the same players over and over, then sneer at us when the inevitable injuries happen. Personally I love their snide attacks, it means we are winning and the media etc. are hurting.

i would love to see city to spends £500million this summer and put 2 fingers up to the media and FFP and uefa
city have the money in the bank from winning silverware and new deals and shares over the past 2 seasons
also city will have a new club sponsorship deal coming up with the etihad deal coming to a end

city are untouchable both on and off the field. we have been making a profit and revenue is the best in the premier league. with city winning titles and cups getting champions league football over the past 5 seasons pep as earn his right to spend whatever he wants

buy both messi and haaland and fuck them off big time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.