Sick and Tired of the City Spending Critics

Will it ever go away ? I don’t think so we have got much wiser in our spending and started making a lot more from sales and our revenue has grown and Liverpool United Chelsea and even lesser have started spending more again in recent years might change with Covid tho but we still get stick plus replacing Aguero will cost a fortune

Bet we make a lot of money next year from sales Angelino Harrison Roberts etc etc

I really think you are wrong about ‘replacing Aguero will cost a fortune’. We have been very prudent in our spending. Who saw us buying Cancelo, Dias and Rodri? We will probably replace Sergio with a young up and coming player yet to make a big name for himself, just like everyone else.

We’ve only ever bought three elite players:
Tevez Yaya and de Bruyne...maybe you could argue Mahrez since he’d won POTS (but not for me).

Everyone else was very good, not at a top club, showing potential, and/or young.

And you could knock £10-15m off every transfer fee we’ve ever spent if another club had bought them apart from United and Barça.
I kind of agree but I might question whether Yaya and KDB were absolute elite players before we bought them, Though Marhez and and Tevez were much closer to being so.

I'm glad were boiling everyone's piss. City and it's fans deserve everything we have and may get in the future. It'll be a long time before we get the recognition that we deserve, but I can wait whilst the reds and the press drown in their tears.

It's a flawed argument the media use against us regarding the money.

Think about it. Whenever one of their media darlings (rags, dippers, spuds etc) fail to achieve their season objectives (stop Manchester City).

The first thing the media, pundits and other analysts say is "they've got to go into the market and spend big"

These same purists that balk at Manchester City's Spending will actively encourage their favourite clubs to go and spend eighty or even ninety million on a player.

Which is fine by the way. However, it behoves them to remind themselves that if we choose to spend money on squad depth as opposed to blowing the lot on a Maguire, Pogba, Van Dyke et al then that's our prerogative.

I really think you are wrong about ‘replacing Aguero will cost a fortune’. We have been very prudent in our spending. Who saw us buying Cancelo, Dias and Rodri? We will probably replace Sergio with a young up and coming player yet to make a big name for himself, just like everyone else.
Like Torres?

I used to now I laugh at them and say ain’t it great hopefully will spend another 500m in the summers and no one can do nowt about it.
It makes me laugh too. I actually enjoy hearing their desperation when they bring these kind of things up, or bring up negatives, or play down our achievements, or sound unenthusiastic about our goals.

It’s that same feeling when you’re in the seats next to the divide at an away game and you celebrate goals as well as enjoy the home fans next to you telling me to fuck off or looking gutted after giving me shit all game.

It makes it extra sweet!

It gets to me i must admit, opposing fans just always seem to want to argue about it and i've gotten dog tired of backing us up.

I had to chuckle after a venture over to the Caf, on their City discussion thread it's the usual bottomless pit, state sponsored shite. We buy players and hen ship them straight out if they flop bollocks. A few posters have put them straight with this and the fact they we have only outspent them by about 10% over the last 5 years. Suddenly the narrative has changed to us having an unfair advantage as we spent this money under one manager where they did so with three managers. So basically admitting it's not fair that we had a clear strategic plan that we have followed while they have had a scattergun approach.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.