Sick and Tired of the City Spending Critics

Nothing would end all criticism because some areas of the media will always write bullshit to sell articles and generate clicks.

But, having said that, I’d like to see City promote our self sustaining spending more, defending ourselves from idiots in the media who perpetuate the myth that Sheikh Mansour just writes us cheques to ‘ruin football’. Perhaps with the evidence of our huge increase in commercial income over the last few years.

Secondly it would be nice if we highlighted to these gibbons in the media what we’ve spent compared to our vile neighbours while they have so much debt loaded on them.
We promoted our self sustained spending in the court of arbitration for sport and yet still people write about us spending oil money. No point in flogging a dead horse.

Most fans agree that football is a business and as such it's no different in principle to pubs trying to capture the market, on one corner is the Utd arms that's been successful over the years and has a loyal clientele,on the opposite corner is the City arms that's been poorly run for years but has great potential.
Along comes an investor who sees the opportunity and makes it a great success.
Guess who's worried and not happy ?
You could easily equate the ‘United arms’ as a traditional pub, that redefined itself as a yuppie ‘go there to be seen’ wine bar in the late 80’s, pulled in the flash punters, the celebs and became a self contained and fulfilling bubble, sucking the life out of the less glamouress but traditional City arms across the road.
But then new developers saw the potential in the City Arms... and well... you know the rest!

Most fans agree that football is a business and as such it's no different in principle to pubs trying to capture the market, on one corner is the Utd arms that's been successful over the years and has a loyal clientele,on the opposite corner is the City arms that's been poorly run for years but has great potential.
Along comes an investor who sees the opportunity and makes it a great success.
Guess who's worried and not happy ?
The Dipper Arms?

You could easily equate the ‘United arms’ as a traditional pub, that redefined itself as a yuppie ‘go there to be seen’ wine bar in the late 80’s, pulled in the flash punters, the celebs and became a self contained and fulfilling bubble, sucking the life out of the less glamouress but traditional City arms across the road.
But then new developers saw the potential in the City Arms... and well... you know the rest!
There was a chain of Grand Metropolitan pubs called ‘Open House’ that did just that in the 1980’s and destroyed some truly remarkable boozers in the process.

We earn our own money.
Every dynasty has had an initial cash injection (called investment).
Sugar daddies have been bailing clubs out since the 20s
Some clubs seem addicted to breaking the transfer record for flops.
Some clubs have millions upon millions of pounds of tripe on the bench.
We're now debt-free. :-)))

Yes absolutely

There was a chain of Grand Metropolitan pubs called ‘Open House’ that did just that in the 1980’s and destroyed some truly remarkable boozers in the process.
Back in the day I visited my cousin in the outskirts of London, and we went into town for an evening out... I remember walking into multiple yuppy bars and everyone was dressed up and standing up , not a single seat being used. I was pretty knackered and for even young me a pub/bar is to sit & relax and chat, not stand, preen and shout over the latest techno, so I plonked myself down and, fortunately, enjoyed a Newcastle Brown (bottles of beer only darling in this establishment), as that was briefly the ‘yuppie getting in touch with the north’ drink de jour, else I’d be left with crappy lager.
The looks I got for daring to sit - ‘oh look Jasper , it must be an oik from above Watford gap’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.