Signing of the decade.

Aguero could be the one as that goal was a catalyst for lot of things. But lot of people scored goals for City in last decade and many more could, but none made the team to gel as Silva did, so it would be Merlin for me. Players were coming and going, but he was always making everything smooth. If KDB came earlier, he would have a big shout too.

Best: Kompany, Silva, Zabaleta , Augero and Fernadinho , all have given this club everything.

Worst, Rodwell, Sinclair, Maicon,

Has to be David Silva. Sure we had Aguero, but we've also had Tevez, Dzeko, Negredo (for that half a season) and Jesus. He's been vital to everything we have achieved this decade. Just because he's not the type of player to get 20+ goals a season means that he won't get talked about as much as other players. Sure Aguero, Toure, KDB, Fernandinho Sterling are all up there but it has to be David Silva. Plus, at £24m he also goes down as ond of the bargains of the decade.

Last edited:
Aguero for me....best signing, edges Silva and Kompany

Worst....very difficult as most of the really shit players were pre 2010.

But I will go for Scott Sinclair....pointless player and very short lived too.

Scott Sinclair should be exempt from all this for what he did to Evra on his (Evras') debut

as for my choices

Aguero and Bony, Bony over other contenders because I thought he was a brilliant signing.

It was shortly after that I shelved all thoughts of becoming a football manager

My top five:

1. Aguero
2. Merlin
3. Toure
4. Fernandinho
5. De Bruyne

Aguero was the cherry on the cake. The last piece of the puzzle. He's the guy that elevated us to where we are right now, more than anyone.

Worst (in no order)

Bony
Mangala
Rodwell
Savic
Boateng
I think you could put your top 5 in any order. But I think you are being a bit harsh on Savic being in the worst 5. Don't think he cost a lot and he was just a young prospect.

Aguero and Mangala

Funny thing was that both their debuts were quite exceptional, but did we hang on to the former too long and let the latter go too soon?

Well, that'll have cheered up some hungover folk perhaps!

But how did Aguero get to be City top scorer? Would he have done it without Silva? And how resolute was the back line with Vincent Kompany in it? And there's the other guy from Argentina, the one that's 'arder than Jap Stam? But if yer nailing me bollocks to the concourse of CBL3 with a sharpened goalpost, I'd say Sergio!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.