Silicon Sealant - Hawarden, Help no longer needed

Bluemanc100

I’ve tiled a shower and need somebody who is an expert at applying silicon sealant to finish it off who doesn’t have fingers like I do.. they are like pig’s tits when it comes to applying the stuff

Happy with cash in hand or i’ll buy you beer.. the tiling looks good and i’ve fitted a new shower but the silicon is in danger of ruining the job

The new shower door is not yet on so it’s a really simple job for somebody who is skilled at applying this stuff

Bring your own favourite (white) silicon by all means or i’ll go and get it..

I’ve added a bead to all edges but I need somebody to go over it professionally (I can strip what i’ve applied if necessary)

Take the piss by all means but if you can help PM me... I have the silicon applicators and i’ve watched numerous videos telling me how easy it is but I am clearly missing something...

Please help!

I’ve tiled a shower and need somebody who is an expert at applying silicon sealant to finish it off who doesn’t have fingers like I do.. they are like pig’s tits when it comes to applying the stuff

Happy with cash in hand or i’ll buy you beer.. the tiling looks good and i’ve fitted a new shower but the silicon is in danger of ruining the job

The new shower door is not yet on so it’s a really simple job for somebody who is skilled at applying this stuff

Bring your own favourite (white) silicon by all means or i’ll go and get it..

I’ve added a bead to all edges but I need somebody to go over it professionally (I can strip what i’ve applied if necessary)

Take the piss by all means but if you can help PM me... I have the silicon applicators and i’ve watched numerous videos telling me how easy it is but I am clearly missing something...

Please help!
Unibond Sealant finishing tool from Wilkos. £2.00. Best I've used and does a perfect job. Would send you pictures but dont understand this url thing sorry.

I have a set of those and still not happy with the finish.. i’ll take off the ones i’m Not happy with once they have gone off.. just tried one piece and it’s not totally dry yet.. a tomorrow job I guess

Ordered a set of the Cramer Fugi tools for delivery tomorrow .. i’ll See if they are any better.. if anybody does feel they can help i’ll Send them back

Last edited:
I’ll let it go off first then I guess... that’s news to me, that you can’t apply another layer but thanks for the advice
It does stick. I had applied some with my finger when I first fitted the shower tray. It wasnt enough and water was ponding and making it turn black which had to be cleaned off. I applied some more using the applicator above and sorted it. Looks great now and no ponding. Just make sure its clean before application of new layer

Oh and if you decide to remove it all The best thing to use is WD40. Spray it on and leave for 10 mins and it will come away like a dream

It does stick. I had applied some with my finger when I first fitted the shower tray. It wasnt enough and water was ponding and making it turn black which had to be cleaned off. I applied some more using the applicator above and sorted it. Looks great now and no ponding. Just make sure its clean before application of new layer

Take it from me mate, as somebody that has built my fair share of fish tanks over the years. It might appear to be bonded but it will not adhere properly.

I'd have to agree with the seal killer about removing the old silicone. I think the most important point is that it adheres to the other surfaces directly. If there are any spaces or air gaps under the old silicone it would not be good, rather like painting on a peeling paint surface without removing the old

Tongue twisted sentence for you there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.