silva back in the starting XI

Never thought I'd say this but it would be criminal to drop Nasri for Silva v Villa. If he's fit play Dave v Wigan but Nasri has the wide left position on current form for me. Seems to have a great rapport with YaYa and has upped his work rate a lot. Needs to do it consistently over a run of games now.

As much as I hate to say it, the team does look more balanced without Silva and I have been saying it may take him being benched for us to get the best out of other players, I would like to see Silva play behind the striker rather than on the left, but as we know he isn't going to....he needs to get back to the form he showed in his first season with us and this may be the kick up the arse needed

Vienna_70 said:
abu13 said:
Andouble said:
Probably play on Tuesday with Jovetic and Nasri back on Saturday after a deserved mid-week break.

Can't argue with this it would make sense, I would also rest yaya, aguero, zabba, nasty and negrado

Fuck me what a squad we have now.

Agreed. It will be the ideal opportunity for Micah to get some game-time under his belt, as well as Lescott, Clichy and Merlin - if fit - as well as Jovetić Jack and Jimmy.

Pantilimon

Richards
Garcia
Lescott
Clichy

Rodwell
Milner
Nasri

Silva
Jovetić
Džeko.

How's that for a second XI?

There a good few Welsh coaches who wouldn't need to harangue a fourth official if they had that team at their disposal.

Burtonblue said:
Vienna_70 said:
Mr. Aguia said:
Agree with everything except Garcia. Never again at CB. Rather see Boyata given a game.

Good point; I'd forgotten about Boyata. I'll put him in rather than Garcia.
Tbh you could put my nan in and she'd be better than Garcia..

Better take her next time we play away at Stoke then. Or have her shut down Ronaldo or dominate Chelsea.

jimharri said:
Burtonblue said:
Vienna_70 said:
Good point; I'd forgotten about Boyata. I'll put him in rather than Garcia.
Tbh you could put my nan in and she'd be better than Garcia..
Does she track back?
Not really. She's been dead 10 yrs now God bless her, but would still be more use than Garcia....
RIP gran.

Thought I would put this quote in here, it looks like Silva wont be fully ready until the Everton game, maybe the bench for Bayern.

“We’ll see if David [Silva] is fit in the next day. The Doctor understand better than me what happened – I think maybe for next Saturday I don’t think he can play but maybe for next Wednesday against Bayern, he could be fit.”

Needs to earn his place now.

Seems sacrilegious to say it, but Nasri has earned it these last few games. Yaya and Ferna are clicking.

How great is it we're even discussing Silva's place? Onwards.

MihaiCity said:
i know that some will disagrre with me about that but based on nasri outstanding performances in the last games i will keep in the starting XI and put silva to fight for his place..maybe this will be the hit in the arse he need to get back to the 2011-2012 form he had..but back on this season perormances nasri>>silva..

Never change a winning team. Change a losing team yes but not a winning one. Play him in the stiffs for a few weeks just to make sure he's fully fit, it's a long season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.