Sim only vs. Contract

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BlueMedic, 22 Nov 2018.

1. Indaparkside

Indaparkside

I’ve got a new I phone so didn’t need a phone. Got all you can eat data, mins, texts, £17 a month no extra charge abroad

2. Henkeman

Henkeman

Er, no charge anywhere abroad?

3. Chris Smithson

Chris Smithson

SIM only for me

4. manchester blue

manchester blue

I went SIM only on an iPhone6 for a tenner a month. The phone's performance has been good and it's the first phone I've had that did not suddenly stop performing after 24 months and the phone is still very good. Apple were doing a deal to change batteries for £25 ill the end of the year. Give them a call and see if it's still on.

As for IOS v Android I use Samsung Android for work and it's fine, not a lot to choose in my opinion.

Last edited: 23 Nov 2018
  5. waspish

waspish

Save £5 a week over your 2 year contract by the end of it you’ll have the money.

Seems in today’s society the majority of people don’t know how to save for future buys.

6. Henkeman

Henkeman

Or maybe they work out that the money they have would serve better in an ISA while they pay a contract that is lower over lifetime cost than purchasing outright and removing that money from their account.

Amazing isn't it? You can financially plan in all these different ways, and sometimes people aren't being reckless.

7. waspish

waspish

That’s a very fair comment.

Henkeman likes this.
  8. allan harper

allan harper

I got my daughter a sim only contract £13 a month, 8Gb unlimited texts 500 minutes, you can also use it abroad.

That's what I'll be getting once my £40+ contract expires next month.

I say £40+ as I've been paying £4.50 a month to a 6045 text number that I keep getting sent to me each month that I didn't sign up too, sly bastards those spam text companies.

9. Indaparkside

Indaparkside

Europe

10. Henkeman

Henkeman

Everyone has that mate. It's the law.