Sinatra

Still play his Christmas album every year, it gets into your soul, beautiful singer, probably the best.

When I was in India, I was sitting with a group of ex pats in a bar, when an older guy said he loved him. There was a karaoke guy in and I said, why don’t you give us a Sinatra song then. He told me, almost in tears, that he couldn’t sing a note and it was one of his greatest regrets that he couldn’t sing Sinatra’s songs.

He asked my if I liked him. I do. Would you sing one? Can you sing. I told him I could hold a tune but not to get excited.

What do want?

That’s Life.

Up I goes, to the electric feeling of overwhelming apathy and near total silence. Even the old **** was hedging his bets. Where’s the trust? Anyway, gets the guy to put on The song, took a deep breath, worked out the shortest sprinting distance to the nearest exit and off I went.

I gave it everything, living it, I owned the ****. Big finish, a given. Was elated, my head was buzzing, I was floating. Got back to table, old guy fucking hated it. ****.

No, I was fucking amazing. Place went mad. It’s great going abroad, even if you are totally bang average, you gondown well. Being a fucking Pavarotti level chanter, you can fill in the gaps.

Frank god bless you. Not Sinatra, the old guys name was Frank.

When I was in India, I was sitting with a group of ex pats in a bar, when an older guy said he loved him. There was a karaoke guy in and I said, why don’t you give us a Sinatra song then. He told me, almost in tears, that he couldn’t sing a note and it was one of his greatest regrets that he couldn’t sing Sinatra’s songs.

He asked my if I liked him. I do. Would you sing one? Can you sing. I told him I could hold a tune but not to get excited.

What do want?

That’s Life.

Up I goes, to the electric feeling of overwhelming apathy and near total silence. Even the old **** was hedging his bets. Where’s the trust? Anyway, gets the guy to put on The song, took a deep breath, worked out the shortest sprinting distance to the nearest exit and off I went.

I gave it everything, living it, I owned the ****. Big finish, a given. Was elated, my head was buzzing, I was floating. Got back to table, old guy fucking hated it. ****.

No, I was fucking amazing. Place went mad. It’s great going abroad, even if you are totally bang average, you gondown well. Being a fucking Pavarotti level chanter, you can fill in the gaps.

Frank god bless you. Not Sinatra, the old guys name was Frank.
Not to get off topic too much but I gave a rousing drunken rendition of 'it's not unusual' by Tom Jones in a real red neck bar in Thayne, Wyoming. The dance floor had been a sea of cowboy hats and Wranglers, by the time I was done, nobody was dancing, there was just a stony silence apart from my two mates at the bar pissing themselves laughing. Wasn't sure if I'd get out alive....made it ...just

Not to get off topic too much but I gave a rousing drunken rendition of 'it's not unusual' by Tom Jones in a real red neck bar in Thayne, Wyoming. The dance floor had been a sea of cowboy hats and Wranglers, by the time I was done, nobody was dancing, there was just a stony silence apart from my two mates at the bar pissing themselves laughing. Wasn't sure if I'd get out alive....made it ...just

Show Business!

It’s never fucking wasy.

Hard crowd. You made a schoolboy error though. Cowboys? Hats? Only one song.

Rawhide.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.