Singapore/Malaysia

MaineDAWG2008

Just booked flights to Singapore and whilst there will be venturing out to Malaysia.

Never been, but keen to know if anyone else has been and recommend places to visit.

Made the mistake of checking weather conditions after confirming flights and it looks like its chucking it down whilst we r out there.

Both singapore and malaysia are great. Loads to do in both. Jet star is a cheap airline or air Asia fly to KL from singapore. Last time I was in Singapore we went to the zoo which is a great day out and they were just about to open universal studios. Sim lim square is a good place to buy electronics. In KL suppose the petaling st market is fun trying to haggle on city tops but like most big cities you have to watch your wallet. Wouldn't worry about the weather it will rain for about 10 mins and you'll be dry in 10 secs.

Weather permitting you must do the cable car ride to Sentosa Island, it's absolutely spectacular. There was a dolphin show on Sentosa when we were there a few years back and a good war museum. The orchid garden is very pretty and obviously Raffles is an institution in Singapore.

PM Me and I will give you all the info on KL and the good places to go in Malaysia, if you are around my area we may have a chance to meet up for a few beers:-)

I have been to Singapore a few times and be prepared - the humidity will blow you away! It's very, very stuffy. But very, very nice. Orchard Road is a must and wonderful to stroll down with great shops and malls (all very well air conditioned which is a godsend over there). But there's also a Chinatown which is a must visit. It's been a few years since I was there but I loved it, despite the heat (I'm not a hot weather person).

Visit Boogie st markets in S'Pore, good atmosphere/food etc

I liked the Genting Highlands in Maylasia and a resort called Kuantan

Batu Caves in KL is worth a visit.

My one and only piece of advice, never ever under any circumstances buy anything alcoholic without checking the price first.

Follow that advice and you'll have a great time.

Get to Langkawi for a day too lovely place, Singapore is perfect so clean and well maintained it's unbelievable.

Singapore is an awesome place - gardens by the bay and the botanical gardens are worth a walk then get in the shopping centre to cool down!

KL is a cool city and you can fly or bus it there, if you're doing Singapore you might want to skip another city though and I'd head to the Malaysian islands which are absolutely stunning. That means either east or west coast - Penang is a cool place with old colonial buildings and then you walk round one corner and it's china town and another and it's little India - food is amazing! Could boat to Langkawi from there and relax on the beach - or go to the Perhentian Islands on the East coast instead of Penang/Langkawi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.