Singing section/Atmosphere

Same principal. Not a natural atmosphere.

To be honest with you I thought you was joking in regards to your first comment hence my sarcastic response. If you was being serious who am I to judge but I'll just leave it at that...
Absolutely serious.......but I see your train of thought .......no way could a group of 25 decent, enthusiastic want to sing local choir benefit our singing section as a catalyst to get things going , whilst benefiting local community group . How utterly ridiculous of Me .

A choir to help a singing section absurd..............like you said lets just leave it at that and keep complaining " no one sings"

Absolutely serious.......but I see your train of thought .......no way could a group of 25 decent, enthusiastic want to sing local choir benefit our singing section as a catalyst to get things going , whilst benefiting local community group . How utterly ridiculous of Me .

A choir to help a singing section absurd..............like you said lets just leave it at that and keep complaining " no one sings"

We would be laughed at by every club up and down the country. Europe as well tbf. When they all stopped eventually I would still be laughing.

''Right lads lets start it off with Blue moon. If you turn to the second page of your song sheet you can see super city is planned on 10 minutes.''

5535-gelsenkirchen-nordkuve-schalke-stadion-veltins-arena-bla.jpg

this would be my solution if possible. this is schalkes ground. id merge the first tier and second tier of the family stand and create a bigger home end. move the family stand into a second tier above this and offer cheaper tickets to them. we'd have a bigger home end and the kids would be near the atmosphere. if we build a third tier and do exactly what we did in the south stand it would be a waste in my opinion and wed have the exact same problems we have now, with a stand broken up again.

moving the singing area into ss3 wont happen. the main reason for that is that i don't think they would allow standing in ss3. do something like the picture above. give the 1894 group the middle block and get them near the front instead of at the back now, where you can't hear them. allow megaphones, flags.... id keep level one of the south stand as it is - then wed have two ends almost behind each goal.

right now though the best thing we can do is actually sing. all the people stood in silence in the south stand need to actually sing and get behind the team. if your in a singing section it should almost be a duty in my opinion to sing. ( not just look at the away fans.) also the idea we need away fans to sing is a myth as its made no difference at all in our ground for years now.
Absolutely spot on.

Level 1 at the Etihad is too small! We need a larger/deeper stand

Here you go everyone... stop whinging and complaining and actually do something about the atmosphere (if you want it to improve).

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/1894-singing-section-vs-fc-basel.332472/
You're missing the point!

It's not about getting in block 115 for the Basel game and making a racket, that's easy. You could pluck any 50 blokes out of the pub to do that. It's about 115 being far too small and in completely the wrong place.

We need a stand, not a block, that is as far away from the away fans as possible so that the farce of cup games is never seen at the Etihad again. Because we need far more than 50 blokes out of the pub to compete with 7000 away fans and they need to be well away from them.

We would be laughed at by every club up and down the country. Europe as well tbf. When they all stopped eventually I would still be laughing.

''Right lads lets start it off with Blue moon. If you turn to the second page of your song sheet you can see super city is planned on 10 minutes.''
Ho well no one sings, atmospheres crap ......25 lads and lasses who love singing ( I am sure they could manage city, city , ...we're just a crap man Utd etc. ) wouldn't help.....

Here's one for ya.......what do YOU suggest.....

You're missing the point!

It's not about getting in block 115 for the Basel game and making a racket, that's easy. You could pluck any 50 blokes out of the pub to do that. It's about 115 being far too small and in completely the wrong place.

We need a stand, not a block, that is as far away from the away fans as possible so that the farce of cup games is never seen at the Etihad again. Because we need far more than 50 blokes out of the pub to compete with 7000 away fans and they need to be well away from them.
I'm definitely not missing the point...

Missing the point is sitting on your hands waiting for things to happen.

We have to use what we've got - at the moment that's block 115. You only need around 50 people to get the whole stadium going (with the right mindset and tools at their disposal).

Until we can demonstrate that there are people who would relocate to a section seriously, why would the club give us a full stand?

You can blame acoustics, stands etc all you want, but the fact of the matter is that fans with the right mentality will create noise wherever they are.

You couldn't pay me any amoumt to sing rag songs or any other clubs, so why would anyone not a blue want to, professional singer or not.

Also a chant has the passion of the singer behind it and the way they belt it out,when you do sing it's feom the heart, not something you turn on devoid of any soul

Absolutely spot on.

Level 1 at the Etihad is too small! We need a larger/deeper stand

Love the idea of a bigger 1st tier being built in the north stand (especially if it was all rail seating/safe standing). We must be the only team in the world that gives up its main end for cup games the way we do. If there really is no way we can challenge the coppers insistence that away fans must be in the south stand then I think shifting the main singing end to the North stand makes good sense.

Also, if there was a new singing area how about the club not selling any cheap kids season tickets for it. One of the problems we have with the atmosphere since moving to M11 is that we’ve got families absolutely everywhere. I take the kids myself but if you watch any match around the world the main singing stands are always predominantly made up of 18 - 40 year olds.

Is there any word on the North stand getting redeveloped does anyone know?? Can’t help thinking that the empty seat jibes off those sad red tw*ts have got to the clubs hierarchy. With a bigger capacity we might not sell out every game but as City fans have shown many times over the years, drop the prices enough for the less attractive games and we won’t be far off (funnily enough, other clubs fans or the media never seem to worry when Barca, AC Milan, Juventus etc having half empty stadiums for some games.

I suppose all the tourists with no real passion for the club are here to stay but that doesn’t really bother me as long as we get to have a ‘proper end’ that is the soul and heartbeat of the club

You don't need 1000's of 'mythical singers'? 500-1000 are enough.

Palace have abut 50-100 Ultras, but they get the rest of the stand going and the stadium.

The on-going issue is people have already bought their season tickets and have their seats, and it's impossible to get a large enough group of singers together in 1 section/block in the stadium now. Clearly the 115 relocation hasn't worked. Perhaps lessons can be learnt from that? Even in the CL games, where seats are available, there are only small rows of seats available at the bottom of 115. All the other available seats are singles or doubles dotted around 115 and further away from the away fans in the SS lower tier.

The club need to find a way of creating and keeping a new family stand/section, and a creating a new and proper singing section. That can only be done if the NS is expanded.

Sorry if I seem dumb but feel like I’m missing something ..
Ok you take the 500 singers out of the south and corner (that’s if they want to go) put them in a developed north stand ,relocating the family’s to wherever , I don’t see where this wall of song is coming from ... are not the 500 singers already together in a singing / standing section in the south , I just can’t see what diftence moving them to the north would make, and where exactly are you putting the thousands from the family stand , and it is thousands , not just a few blocks.
As a long time Kippax and north stand resident at Maine Rd and 5 years south stand level 2, 3 seats away from the away fans at etihad for the 1 st 4 years befoure I moved to family with my lad, I understand a good atmosphere and enjoy a good shout myself , even th are days when it dose come round to us, but just don’t see how moving the same people out of the south to the north will change anything , and truth be told I’m only commenting as I’m sick of reading qouiteslike fuck the family stand etc etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.