Sir Kenny...??

FantasyIreland

The families of the 96 Liverpool fans who were killed in the Hillsborough disaster in 1989 have requested that the club's current manager, Kenny Dalglish, who was also in charge of the team at the time, should receive a knighthood.

Steve Rotheram MP, a former Lord Mayor of Liverpool, told fans at a memorial service in Anfield today that the families had asked him to put down an Early Day Motion requesting that the Queen confer a knighthood on the Liverpool manager. Mr Rotheram said it was "so that on all our behalf the King of the Kop can become Sir Kenny".

The announcement was met with cheers, a standing ovation from the Liverpool faithful and chants of "Kenny".

Dalglish and his Liverpool squad attended the club's Hillsborough Memorial Service on Friday afternoon, which marked the 22nd anniversary of the disaster. More than 12,000 people attended, observing a minute's silence at 3.06pm, the time that the 1989 FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest was abandoned

I feel great sorrow for those that lost loved ones

But WTF has sir Kenny got to do with it to be made a sir on the backs of 96 dead RIP

what a load of bollocks.

what the fuck does he deserve a knighthood for?

Give him credit, his last tenure as manager set Liverpool FC on its path (read: slide into mediocrity) that it has yet to diverge from. That's worth something.

I dont see what he's done to deserve a kinghthood. Hillsborough was a tragedy but why would anyone get a knighthood for going to some funerals? I sound a twat but i dont mean to, I feel for those that were there or lost loved ones but a knighthood. Crap.

I think he should for both reasons, his career as a footballer and his actions in the aftermath of Hillsborough. I think it's a bit cold to say, " off the back of Hillsborough" and " not for how many funerals he went to". It was an admirable gesture and obviously meant a lot to the victims families. I think is more deserving of a knighthood than many who already have them, I mean we have Dame Kelly Holmes for gods sake.

I cringe every time I hear football fans clamouring for their favourites to receive a knighthood for doing something they are paid handsomely for........

Ryan fuckin' Giggs and now Kenny Dogliesh...... This is the fault of Tony Blair and New Labour handing out knighthoods to any fucker in the name of popularity......

Some athlete wins 2 gold medals at the Olympics.... here's a Dame hood....... the England cricket team won TWO out of FIVE games to win the Ashes a couple of years ago and the whole team were awarded honours....
The whole honours system needs scrapping..........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.