Six Months - Bobby Manc is he on probation?

M M

mat

That's the conclusion i've come to. Purely down to his short term signings.

So does the roundabout start again in July? I thought the days of changing managers on a whim were behind us.

"When you start to win trophies, your mentality starts to change. A derby stays important, but what is important is getting to your target. We want to win the Carling Cup or the FA Cup, but we must finish in the top four. Once we starting winning, our mentality will be different," he concludes.

Quotes like this make it sound like he's staying if we achieve certain targets.

mat said:
That's the conclusion i've come to. Purely down to his short term signings.

So does the roundabout start again in July? I thought the days of changing managers on a whim were behind us.

See the press interview when he was introduced.

When asked how long was his contract he answered

"6 months and 3 years"

I gather from that, that he has 6 months to get us in the Top 4. If he does that, the contract goes for 3 years more.
Which is probably the reason why we haven't seen any substantial movement this window.

NeverSeenATrophy said:
"When you start to win trophies, your mentality starts to change. A derby stays important, but what is important is getting to your target. We want to win the Carling Cup or the FA Cup, but we must finish in the top four. Once we starting winning, our mentality will be different," he concludes.

Quotes like this make it sound like he's staying if we achieve certain targets.

Indeed.

Top 4 and a trophy otherwise out the door?

Were in the FA cup final anyway. The last 5 teams to knock out the smoggies have made the final.

:)

I read that as he has a 3 1/2 year contract. The media jumped on the 6 months plus 3 years and not put it down as a translation error which is what Gary Cook said when he tried to clear that up at the press conference. Lots on here have been repeating the six months plus 3 years but I am sure that is incorrect.

He also get 1 million for each trophy and I think also for top 4 position.

I'm not sure why anyone has to ask this question. It's very clear that he has a clause in his contract that allows it to be cancelled if we don't finish in the top 4. Of course we could win the prem and he still could be replaced if the owners see fit. The only thing that changes is the severance package. We could also finish 5th and the owners decide not to activate the cancelation clause. It's irrelevant to either the transfer policy or the way Bob will manage the team.
The only time this type of clause would be an issue is if we couldn't afford to sack him tomorrow. We can. Liverpool have the problem that they can't and so are stuck with Raffa.

he has a six month contrct with the option of 3 years at the end of it if he's successful.

so to answer your question, yes he is on probation.

He volunteered to work on that basis.

Rammy Blue said:
not probation, just short term.

Jose in summer.

Could be, but what do we do if he were to finish Fourth, win the Carling Cup and have a good run in the FA Cup? Do we say 'thankyou, and goodnight', or do we keep him on? Or to put it another way, if Jose were available and up for it, do we say 'no thankyou, Mancini is doing a good job', and run the risk of Jose showing up elsewhere? Tough call this one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.