Six Nations 2017

Ive known Ross since he was a toddler, Im mates with his father. Its great seeing him play for Wales. I have a feeling Gatland will pick him for the Lions. When he picked the world cup squad Ross was left out at first because of the restrictions on numbers but got in after injuries. Gatland told him then that if he was picking the Lions squad then he would be in because of the greater numbers, so Im pretty sure he will get the nod this summer. He told me last week though that nobody has been given a clue at all so far. I think all the Wales back row will get selected but dont think they will ultimately make the starting test team

Is his dad, Paul Moriarty (ex Widnes)?

This afternoon I was in the boozer with a scot, english lad, sorry no Irishman but each of us put a case up for our own nations back rows to be selected. Then we had a drink and bigged up the Irish back row. A few good back rowers are going to be pissed off as well.

Yeah i tend to agree even with Ireland we have some great flankers in the set up. Josh Van Der Flier and Peter O Mahoney are amazing back up players to have to call up to replace O Brien and Stander I honestly think both flankers for Ireland would get a call.

Out of the Irish squad Lions call ups.
Jack McGrath , Devin Toner , Stander , O Brien , Heaslip , Conor Murray , Johnny Sexton if fit , Henshaw , Earls , Zebo and Kearney I would be think would have a chance to get into the Lions tour for the summer.

Finally England play something like what they are capable of, Scotland not at their best it has to be said and losing Hogg was a massive blow for them, that said, England were clinical in all departments, especially at the breakdown, hopefully a win next week but the Irish will be the hardest test yet at their place, its going to be brutal for sure but I think England will win and take the back to back slam..

Finally England play something like what they are capable of, Scotland not at their best it has to be said and losing Hogg was a massive blow for them, that said, England were clinical in all departments, especially at the breakdown, hopefully a win next week but the Irish will be the hardest test yet at their place, its going to be brutal for sure but I think England will win and take the back to back slam..

I thought England were quite poor at the breakdowns, when Scotland "pick and go'ed" the fringes were exploited. They were scintillating with ball in hand at times but Ireland will not be as charitable. The need to tighten up around the breakdown, maybe they were still suffering a hangover from the Italy game.

I thought England were quite poor at the breakdowns, when Scotland "pick and go'ed" the fringes were exploited. They were scintillating with ball in hand at times but Ireland will not be as charitable. The need to tighten up around the breakdown, maybe they were still suffering a hangover from the Italy game.
You obviously saw the game differently but its all about opinions, Ireland will be a stern test but if England produce anything like their best, they will have far too much for them, I was there the last time we went to Dublin to win the slam and they beat us soundly, cant see that happening with Eddie Jones at the helm and the team England now have, in particular, the so called finishers who will be brought into the game as Ireland tire... Bring it on, I'm going for an England win by at least 10 points..

Will be interesting if Schmidt changes anything or whether he's a busted flush as most think.
If Ireland continue to play one up runners all game then England will batter them, it's far too easy to defend.
In saying all that, Ireland have been dire this championship but i wonder if they've got one decent performance left in them ?
I fancy it'll be a close game.

Will be interesting if Schmidt changes anything or whether he's a busted flush as most think.
If Ireland continue to play one up runners all game then England will batter them, it's far too easy to defend.
In saying all that, Ireland have been dire this championship but i wonder if they've got one decent performance left in them ?
I fancy it'll be a close game.

I think a lot will depend on the fitness of Murray and Sexton in the game. I think Ireland have it in them to beat England. I would agree we havnt been great this championship got beaten by top preformances on the day by both Scotland and Wales. Maybe we will get a rub of the green but I just think that this game Ireland have a point to prove. There is Lions places up for grabs just need to get everyone up and firing on full tilt. The line out for Ireland has to be better than the last game to get our backs on the front foot.

I think a lot will depend on the fitness of Murray and Sexton in the game. I think Ireland have it in them to beat England. I would agree we havnt been great this championship got beaten by top preformances on the day by both Scotland and Wales. Maybe we will get a rub of the green but I just think that this game Ireland have a point to prove. There is Lions places up for grabs just need to get everyone up and firing on full tilt. The line out for Ireland has to be better than the last game to get our backs on the front foot.

Both sure fire Lions test starters in my book

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.