Skin colour...ooooh controversial!

whothefisAlice said:
252722454_4509bafbc7.jpg

Look at that picture of the lady above (beautiful lady, reallllly beautiful lady at that), and tell me what colour that lady is. Someone (not on Bluemoon) was rambling on before about why African-Americans can't just be called black, and why don't we just call them Americans and why do they have to be called African americans etc. etc.

We got into how white people from Africa who have parents in America or they were born in America etc are still African-Americans regardless of colour, and how if you want to take it all the way back, literally, we are all African-Americans or Afro-British, since we all came from somewhere else originally.

Either you are one of a small minority of English who were there thousands of years ago, or you have descended from Germanic, French, Scandinavian, Jewish, or some other tribe or people who invaded/moved to Britain at one point. So in all fairness, a child born in Britain today could potentially be classified as Afro-Euro-Jewish-British.

Anyway, I digress, so, again look at the picture of the lady above and tell me what colour she is. I say she is brown, and that her hair, eyebrows and eyelashes are the only things black about her (strictly from looking at that picture).

Why are black people called/labeled as being black, when in all honesty, the vast majority are a shade of brown.

Obama, is he black? Micah Richards is he black? Denzel Washington, is he black? How about an albino born into an African-American or Afro-British or African family? They certainly aren't black.

How are the colours black and brown so blatantly misused and misrepresented? This conversation about the labeling of African-Americans and the fact many 'black' people who you ask about such a subject claim to be simply American, had got me thinking about why it is we use the words we do to describe the colour of peoples skin.

Alternately, think about white people and why we are called/labeled as white.

woman-with-blond-hair-CC5123-185.jpg

Why exactly are we called white people? Is that lady in the picture above white? Some say that 'white' is the absence of colour, yet some say that 'black' is the absence of colour. The background upon which I am typing (albeit not what this ends up on once submitted) is what we call white. Using that/this background as a template, and a piece of A4 paper, or a tin of white paint, how many white people do you know?

Lot's of questions there and lots of responses I hope Blues. Cheers.

I have read all 10 pages of this thread and can now tell you that after a lot thinking that the woman in the top picture is fit and the woman in the bottom picture is fucking ugly.

Bigg Bigg Blue said:
whothefisAlice said:
252722454_4509bafbc7.jpg

Look at that picture of the lady above (beautiful lady, reallllly beautiful lady at that), and tell me what colour that lady is. Someone (not on Bluemoon) was rambling on before about why African-Americans can't just be called black, and why don't we just call them Americans and why do they have to be called African americans etc. etc.

We got into how white people from Africa who have parents in America or they were born in America etc are still African-Americans regardless of colour, and how if you want to take it all the way back, literally, we are all African-Americans or Afro-British, since we all came from somewhere else originally.

Either you are one of a small minority of English who were there thousands of years ago, or you have descended from Germanic, French, Scandinavian, Jewish, or some other tribe or people who invaded/moved to Britain at one point. So in all fairness, a child born in Britain today could potentially be classified as Afro-Euro-Jewish-British.

Anyway, I digress, so, again look at the picture of the lady above and tell me what colour she is. I say she is brown, and that her hair, eyebrows and eyelashes are the only things black about her (strictly from looking at that picture).

Why are black people called/labeled as being black, when in all honesty, the vast majority are a shade of brown.

Obama, is he black? Micah Richards is he black? Denzel Washington, is he black? How about an albino born into an African-American or Afro-British or African family? They certainly aren't black.

How are the colours black and brown so blatantly misused and misrepresented? This conversation about the labeling of African-Americans and the fact many 'black' people who you ask about such a subject claim to be simply American, had got me thinking about why it is we use the words we do to describe the colour of peoples skin.

Why exactly are we called white people? Is that lady in the picture above white? Some say that 'white' is the absence of colour, yet some say that 'black' is the absence of colour. The background upon which I am typing (albeit not what this ends up on once submitted) is what we call white. Using that/this background as a template, and a piece of A4 paper, or a tin of white paint, how many white people do you know?

I have read all 10 pages of this thread and can now tell you that after a lot thinking that the woman in the top picture is fit and the woman in the bottom picture is fucking ugly.

Just a wild speculative stab here,but could your decision possibly be based on the fact that one is about eighteen,whereas the other is nearer sixty?
I reckon the older one was probably bang tidy back in the day,and is hardly 'fucking ugly'.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Bigg Bigg Blue said:
whothefisAlice said:
252722454_4509bafbc7.jpg

Just a wild speculative stab here,but could your decision possibly be based on the fact that one is about eighteen,whereas the other is nearer sixty?
I reckon the older one was probably bang tidy back in the day,and is hardly 'fucking ugly'.

OK, I would do the woman in the top picture first and the woman in the bottom picture after about 8 pints.

The top one has black hair and brown eyes
The bottom one has blonde hair and blue eyes

Is it more than black and white ? who know's and who really cares, not me, just two women who I would share a 3some with, oh yeah !

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
buzzer1 said:
The top one is a bloke and the bottom one looks like a cross betwix Kris Kirkland and ratboy.

The top one is a bloke?
How many times have I told you about putting ketamine on your cornflakes mate?

Nothing mrore certain Fek, and either kirkland or perry suckling n ratboy cross. xx

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.