Skin conditions

I paid £125 for a private appointment at a private hospital hospital because the NHS was busy. That was for a consultation with a skin doctor The same person works for nhs. When I told him I was skint and depressed as well as being covered a nhs appointment soon followed.

Ive had P since childhood. Never had luck with creams, Dovibet, Sinilar, etc. The light treatment works well until you come off it, but then it always returned.
Methotrexate an anti cancer drug almost fuckin killed me. It flattens your immune system chum. Currently on a drug called fumaderm. Its a unlicenced german drug which needs to be given out by your dermatologist. If you go on this it will give you savage shits for a couple of weeks, If they don't go try taking an imodium tablet with them it worked for me. I have been clear since taking fumaderm with no side effects since I got over the trots. Believe me I was covered from head to foot before I took this drug.
Alcohol and fags don't help either, drink loads of water, easy on the sugar. Google Barneys formula if you want to go down the vitamin route. Also Peganoes diet if you want to try the food advice.
Finally get rid of anything that is stressing you out, that includes your season ticket for this very unpredictable football team we all support. Ive defo been worse since the fuckin takeover chum. Good luck mate, pm me if I can help with anything. Good luck.[/QUtopOTE]
Top man cheers pal at hosp Mon for that light treatment will mention fumerderm to them see how it goes thanks again

The Mrs went all healthy and as a result she cut out milk and lessened dairy in general. Switched to a plant based diet so no meat at all and as a result my psoriasis reduced to a small patch on my right knee only. For that I make some homemade coconut oil and weed cream to apply, works a treat.

Your right Brightblue. I have had success with both food and vitamins as well. Problem is I go mad for sugar, dairy etc. Cant follow the healthy lifestyle for any length of time, I get clear with a good diet and then press the self destruct button. It takes far longer for me to get clear than it does to get covered again.
There is a definate link between the gut and psoriasis, but no dermatologist will agree with that. Most auto immune diseases are gut related. ulcerative colitis, crohns desease. etc.

I've spoken to a couple of dermatologists and neither mentioned reducing dairy or meat. A medical herbalist suggested reducing them not cutting out all together.
As for methotrexate: I tried it for six months without success (gradually increasing dose) but they also gave me something to reduce the side effects.
But one cause of stress ends about 5 o'clock this afternoon and the away game motorway junk food bonanza goes on hold for nearly three months.

I've spoken to a couple of dermatologists and neither mentioned reducing dairy or meat. A medical herbalist suggested reducing them not cutting out all together.
As for methotrexate: I tried it for six months without success (gradually increasing dose) but they also gave me something to reduce the side effects.
But one cause of stress ends about 5 o'clock this afternoon and the away game motorway junk food bonanza goes on hold for nearly three months.
Correct pal leaving now hope were 2 up early then the stress levels drop:-)

I've had it for 27 years. Tried allsorts with varying results. Psoraisis is very much an individual disease and what works for 1 might not work for another. I'm currently on Humera injections which have now stopped working. I find eumovate helps keep the flaking at bay but the redness remains. Hope you find something that works for you

I've had it for 27 years. Tried allsorts with varying results. Psoraisis is very much an individual disease and what works for 1 might not work for another. I'm currently on Humera injections which have now stopped working. I find eumovate helps keep the flaking at bay but the redness remains. Hope you find something that works for you
Cheers pal on the light treatment at moment, fingers crossed

40% of my torso is covered with the poxy shite for the past 20 years.

Here's what I've learned.

1. Doctors, all of them, know sweet fuck all about it.
2. It is not a skin condition. It's an auto immune one. Any doctor that tries to treat it topically doesn't deserve your time.
3. The UV light stuff is only a temp fix, and it'll likely come back, especially in our climate.
4. Diet is the best way to treat it. You are probably allergic in your gut(which allergy testing doesnt tell you) to sugar, wheat,dairy and nightshades.

I've done UV, I've done methotrexate and both are only like sticking your finger in the dyke.

Right now I'm doing, and I'd recommend doing this asap, a paleo AIP diet. I've cut out all of the above foods. I've had no flare ups one month in, but it will apparently take 3 months to clear up. Once it's clear, you can re-introduce foods gradually to find out what you are specifically allergic to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.