Sky and BBC win "Landmark" WSL TV rights deal

It's better than a lot of lower league football.
I agree. I watch most of our women's games online and think the technical skills are better than non-league male football. You don't see anyone lumping the ball long or into the channels. Admittedly we are spoiled at City because we have some of the best female players in the world so I am probably looking through blue-tinted glasses. I think male football fans need to be more open-minded about the female game. I have seen some great matches from the women this season.

I agree. I watch most of our women's games online and think the technical skills are better than non-league male football. You don't see anyone lumping the ball long or into the channels. Admittedly we are spoiled at City because we have some of the best female players in the world so I am probably looking through blue-tinted glasses. I think male football fans need to be more open-minded about the female game. I have seen some great matches from the women this season.
This.

It's better than a lot of lower league football.

It really isn’t. How many lower league football games have you watched?

The women’s game has improved immensely over the last 5 years let alone the last 10 and I hope it continues, but to suggest now, in 2021, it is better either technically or entertainment wise than lower league men’s football is laughable.

The game in lower leagues is not kick and rush anymore.

The women’s game has improved immensely over the last 5 years let alone the last 10 and I hope it continues, but to suggest now, in 2021, it is better either technically or entertainment wise than lower league men’s football is laughable.

Yeah, I think people go too far in trying to convince others they're into womens football. They might thinks it's good, but then make stupid statements like it's better than some lowere league football. It's not, not even close.

I disagree entirely. You are comparing a slow lethargic game where people get time on the ball with a high quality product where-by people get the ball and are instantly harassed. Non league football (lets use the Conference as an example) is not 'kick and rush'. There are some teams who play football in different ways of course, but if City women played any of the Conference sides (including Barnet who have almost given up) they would be battered. When you watch a woman's side against another woman's side it may be good to watch (not to me) but that is because the opposition are equally woeful therefore making themselves look better on the ball.
I wish FIFA and UEFA would simply allow mixed teams as it would stop all this nonsense about women football being half decent. Now and again the odd woman would get into some teams but you would notice almost none making it to any level of paid football (apart from the odd team that fancied a bit of publicity).

Barcelona Women yesterday were on another level technically to most lower league teams I’ve ever seen.

Obviously that doesn’t mean they would beat many men’s team as they’d be no where near the same level physically.

It's defo good technically. Some very gifted footballers... just two things that I struggle with the women's game. The speed - it feels notably less aggressive and sharp for me. Everything feels a bit slower. As a result it doesn't excite me as much, dunno why. Also, the goalkeeping standard - sorry, it's still very bad IMO. Feel bad saying this, as I am happy for the growth, but just pointing out that I can understand why it doesn't grab some. I've defo tried, but feel quite 'shrug' when I give it a go. Feels different.
I imagine the goalkeeping issue will remain a problem for as long as they continue to use full-size goals.

I disagree entirely. You are comparing a slow lethargic game where people get time on the ball with a high quality product where-by people get the ball and are instantly harassed. Non league football (lets use the Conference as an example) is not 'kick and rush'. There are some teams who play football in different ways of course, but if City women played any of the Conference sides (including Barnet who have almost given up) they would be battered. When you watch a woman's side against another woman's side it may be good to watch (not to me) but that is because the opposition are equally woeful therefore making themselves look better on the ball.
I wish FIFA and UEFA would simply allow mixed teams as it would stop all this nonsense about women football being half decent. Now and again the odd woman would get into some teams but you would notice almost none making it to any level of paid football (apart from the odd team that fancied a bit of publicity).
You are entitled to your view. But I would rather watch City women playing than non-league football. I have seen plenty of non-league football over the years and found most of it to be totally dire though I do enjoy the traditional fan experience at non-league grounds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.