Sky and BBC win "Landmark" WSL TV rights deal

Goalies are not the most agile or elegant sportswomen l watch.
Just for the sport of course.

Key question. How much does the Conference get in TV money? Larger crowds (with more expensive admission as well) and as such already more interest and significantly better quality. If people want to watch this then good on them - each to their own, but I would rather watch an u17 game between 2 decent community grass roots teams - teams which would probably destroy any premier league women’s players

Goalies are not the most agile or elegant sportswomen l watch.
Just for the sport of course.
Not compared to other countries.
Key question. How much does the Conference get in TV money? Larger crowds (with more expensive admission as well) and as such already more interest and significantly better quality. If people want to watch this then good on them - each to their own, but I would rather watch an u17 game between 2 decent community grass roots teams - teams which would probably destroy any premier league women’s players
It's a good point. I wonder how much the non league TV deal with BT is.

That would be an opportunity on the state broadcaster filling it minority sports Quota with a weekly match of the day Sunday march on BBC 2.

Sell it as proper football and i think it would get a following and raise the profile.

It’s early days for women’s professional football, it will take time, attendances, interest and marketability before they start earning decent money... The standard has improved massively in recent times and looks like an upward curve from here.

it’s already come a long way In a relatively short time, hopefully it will continue to improve and interest will grow, allowing them to earn good money .. It needs to be detached completely from the men’s game, in terms of wages, sponsors etc etc, comparisons between the two are ludicrous and won’t enhance their cause for some sort of parity..

If people switch on and start to watch it then advertisers will get more involved. When the lockdown ends and people turn up in numbers to the games then advertisers again will get involved. This will grow the game and the revenue.

Forget the mens game , they cant compete in any way in terms of money and exposure , i have seen women playing with men in charity matches and more than hold their own

You underestimate it if you dont watch it , we have such skill in our team, many sergio type goals
It is really good bt has lost the games , bbc and sky will bring the sport on and they got decent crowds when crowds were allowed

Can’t really agree with this. The standard has improved a lot and teams like City and Chelsea are really good sides now. Certainly not ‘woeful’ but I guess that’s the kind of thing the women’s game is up against.

It's better than a lot of lower league football.

It's better than a lot of lower league football.

It's defo good technically. Some very gifted footballers... just two things that I struggle with the women's game. The speed - it feels notably less aggressive and sharp for me. Everything feels a bit slower. As a result it doesn't excite me as much, dunno why. Also, the goalkeeping standard - sorry, it's still very bad IMO. Feel bad saying this, as I am happy for the growth, but just pointing out that I can understand why it doesn't grab some. I've defo tried, but feel quite 'shrug' when I give it a go. Feels different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.