Sky Broadband

Essex blue

Sky has just announced its latest price increases so decided to quit sky and go elsewhere as the Wi-fi on the router is poor and now with the increase it’s pushed me to take action.

What does everyone use and need a decent Wi-fi but unfortunately not vergin here (no jokes about Essex girls lol).

We do have high speed fibre available so hopefully should be some decent alternatives

Sky has just announced its latest price increases so decided to quit sky and go elsewhere as the Wi-fi on the router is poor and now with the increase it’s pushed me to take action.

What does everyone use and need a decent Wi-fi but unfortunately not vergin here (no jokes about Essex girls lol).

We do have high speed fibre available so hopefully should be some decent alternatives
What speed do you get currently via wifi and by using the ethernet connection?

NowTV do decent prices but if no Virgin then your choices are mostly using the same BT network. Try uSwitch to see your options but also look at satellite broadband and 4g broadband if you're stuck under 10mb.

I moved from Virgin to BT and it’s flaky as (Virgin were excellent).. we have walls that are maybe 2 ft thick as it was a farm building at one point so my home office signal drops out sometimes.. i’ll be moving in June when my deal is up..

I get around 50Mb download and around 10Mb upload but the occasional dropouts are a pain in the arse as I use a company VPN connection and it is always dropping and trying to reconnect

I’d say all the suppliers are very similar so it’s all about package and coverage at the end of the day

It depends on what you want it for.

Sky is awful for gaming. Packet loss, high pings, drop outs...
BT is more stable.
Virgin over subcribe.
That Yorkshire one is just BT with a different name.

Pay your money take your choice.

It depends on what you want it for.

Sky is awful for gaming. Packet loss, high pings, drop outs...
BT is more stable.
Virgin over subcribe.
That Yorkshire one is just BT with a different name.

Pay your money take your choice.

It also depends how close you are to your exchange but that variable is constant because you're always the same distance from your exchange with any provider. If you want faster broadband move closer to a green box :)

I dropped Sky and went to Vodafone a couple of years ago and it’s been fine, and they sorted out the issues on line even though BT couldn’t.

EE. Wonderful. Won't hear a word against them. Signed me up for a second year by dropping the price. Max speed, unlimited download, £30 and I get an extra 5gb on my phone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.