Sky/BT Sports package on Sky

Anyone who doesn't have a phone number that correlates with the contract been successful in cancelling their subscription? I should have sacked it off last year as I can't even get a signal for any of the channels.

Calling now and it hangs up on us that the number we are calling from doesn't correlate with their system number. Sent an e-mail but getting a lot of covid related auto replies. Has anyone just cancelled their direct debits?

Just received, along with most subscribers an email from BT Sport indicating they are upping the price £4 a month. We have a 2 year deal at £7.50 a month so gave them a bell. They said it was due to losses incurred through Covid etc and was still a small price to pay. Well they cannot actually do this because the only increases they can make inside contract is the ones every March that reflect the CPI. As many consumers are aware CPI is often used as a measurement for price increases in commercial contracts particularly in long-term contracts to ensure they remain profitable for companies.

So I told him this and said he would discount off the broadband but this would mean my minimum term for broadband would start all over again. So I cancelled the sports down without fear of penalty as this was outside the remit of our contract. He agreed he could not charge a penalty and so it's just a heads up for anyone else facing this most dubious of price hikes. The paltry sum of £4 is not the point of order but more the principle of saying we have shit out during Covid so let the consumer pay. If I was to phone BT and say Covid has put me right on my arse so I am reducing your payments by over 50% to compensate they would have recoiled with laughter.

Just swapped my existing £15 BT mobile deal with a month remaining for a new 12 month tie in for the same price. Unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, 40 gig of data, BT Sports on their app thereby saving £11.50 a month. If I shift to Halo for £34.99 from my existing £29.99 they would double the mobile data to 80 gig but if it aint broke then don't fix it. Currently hitting a constant 60mg so very pleased overall and not sure what Halo would bring to the party.

I left BT for Sky years ago, and have been happier with Sky in every respect since.
However, sky are shooting themselves in the foot by not offering FTTP at the same rate and as widespread as BT are. When it comes to my contract renewal, if Sky aren’t offering it too, I will consider ditching them for BT.

Just received, along with most subscribers an email from BT Sport indicating they are upping the price £4 a month. We have a 2 year deal at £7.50 a month so gave them a bell. They said it was due to losses incurred through Covid etc and was still a small price to pay. Well they cannot actually do this because the only increases they can make inside contract is the ones every March that reflect the CPI. As many consumers are aware CPI is often used as a measurement for price increases in commercial contracts particularly in long-term contracts to ensure they remain profitable for companies.

So I told him this and said he would discount off the broadband but this would mean my minimum term for broadband would start all over again. So I cancelled the sports down without fear of penalty as this was outside the remit of our contract. He agreed he could not charge a penalty and so it's just a heads up for anyone else facing this most dubious of price hikes. The paltry sum of £4 is not the point of order but more the principle of saying we have shit out during Covid so let the consumer pay. If I was to phone BT and say Covid has put me right on my arse so I am reducing your payments by over 50% to compensate they would have recoiled with laughter.
I received that too. Bloody cheek after continuing to charge for sport through the lockdown. I would bin them tomorrow if I could access sport at a reasonable price through something else (Legally).

I received that too. Bloody cheek after continuing to charge for sport through the lockdown. I would bin them tomorrow if I could access sport at a reasonable price through something else (Legally).

The free BT sports on their mobile app will not allow you to chrome onto the big screen but can be used on a tablet or PC running win 8.1 and above. Sky want £25 to add BT and BT want £16 for their app that allows conversion to big screen but sadly no HD. The basic definition they were giving us on the package I just binned was beyond dire and I swear they were turning down the stream to encourage users to buy the add on HD. Quite shocking nowadays that the HD platform is not the standard fest. I wasn't grumbling for £7.50, just addamant I would not be entertaining a mid term 50% price hike.

The free BT sports on their mobile app will not allow you to chrome onto the big screen but can be used on a tablet or PC running win 8.1 and above. Sky want £25 to add BT and BT want £16 for their app that allows conversion to big screen but sadly no HD. The basic definition they were giving us on the package I just binned was beyond dire and I swear they were turning down the stream to encourage users to buy the add on HD. Quite shocking nowadays that the HD platform is not the standard fest. I wasn't grumbling for £7.50, just addamant I would not be entertaining a mid term 50% price hike.
you are quite right mate. Just looked at my last BT Bill and I have a discount on the sports package but they are charging me £6.50 for HD and £6 for a second screen. It really is daylight robbery because I only use it for City CL games and the occasional PL. Once my discount runs out thats £32.50 per month for minimum 6 live games a season. Unjustifiable.

I will phone sky and see if i can get a deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.