Sky/ESPN/BT Sport

I'm in the same boat,gutted about espn and even more so because of the final tomorrow night..
Virgin have fucked up bigtime and i'd expect them to be losing customers by the bucketful,they've waited and waited til the last minute and are stuck between a rock and a hard place now..

higgi1p said:
Looks like Virgin are not going to provide the BT Sport channel even if you have the XL package, got a message from virgin on 30/7 saying no longer showing ESPN after midnight on 31/7.
No mention whatsoever about BT Sport in the mail which I guess they would have done were they going to do so.

Bit pissed off but whatever.

Have just watched City against AC Milan but due to above, will not be able to see final live, sod it.

Yeh I've been on the phone to Virgin a couple of times and they've not yet reached an agreement. They want to include it with the XL but don't want customers to have to pay more, think that's why it's a sticking point. Thing is, surely it'd be better to subsidise it than have every fucker running off to Sky...I presented this argument to the call centre worker and they just went....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Scouse_Jimi said:
higgi1p said:
Looks like Virgin are not going to provide the BT Sport channel even if you have the XL package, got a message from virgin on 30/7 saying no longer showing ESPN after midnight on 31/7.
No mention whatsoever about BT Sport in the mail which I guess they would have done were they going to do so.

Bit pissed off but whatever.

Have just watched City against AC Milan but due to above, will not be able to see final live, sod it.

Yeh I've been on the phone to Virgin a couple of times and they've not yet reached an agreement. They want to include it with the XL but don't want customers to have to pay more, think that's why it's a sticking point. Thing is, surely it'd be better to subsidise it than have every fucker running off to Sky...I presented this argument to the call centre worker and they just went....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah they do that a lot.

But was talking to billy bullshitter and he told me they were going to do it from from the first.

Apparently Bt are having bonus day on the first and showing it for nothing o n sky and freeview.

They've got until the start of the season to sort it out or I'll be going to the lowest TV package available. I still like their Internet so won't be leaving them just yet, but I'll be damned if I'm spending £74 a month and getting no sport in return.

I've got BT vision so get BT Sport and ESPN free and watch Sky on the Xbox using my mams account so it's all free.

MCFC-alan88 said:
They've got until the start of the season to sort it out or I'll be going to the lowest TV package available. I still like their Internet so won't be leaving them just yet, but I'll be damned if I'm spending £74 a month and getting no sport in return.

Same here. Not worth me having XL TV if It does not include a sports feature like ESPN or BT

SteWadda said:
I've got BT vision so get BT Sport and ESPN free and watch Sky on the Xbox using my mams account so it's all free.
Same here, although swap the xbox with the laptop and iPad. Happy days for us!

Although it does rankle for those with Virgin.

I spoke to them today and the lad said a deal is close but they cannot confirm it to customers yet...

He said the deal is in BTs interests as they will get higher viewing figures which would please there advertisers.. I would imagine the advertisers may put pressure on BT to conclude the deal...

Whenever its done it will take 7 days fro the agreement date before we can watch it..

I would say it will be done during the week before the season starts..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.