Sky/ESPN/BT Sport

Matty said:
Henkeman said:
mick10 said:
BT will give me all the sports channels free if I change my broadband to them. Is that what you're saying?

Yep. Exactly that.

So, in order to get the BT Sport channel for free, I have to sign up to a far inferior internet speed than the one I get through Virgin cables? Think I'll pass.

If BT haven't brought fibre to your area, that's their problem isn't it?<br /><br />-- Tue May 28, 2013 9:23 am --<br /><br />
TGR said:
mick10 said:
Henkeman said:
If you have BT broadband, then BT Sport is free through your Sky box. If you don't, you can switch to it and again the sports channels are given away free. ESPN is being replaced with BT Sport basically, and that's included in the package.

BT will give me all the sports channels free if I change my broadband to them. Is that what you're saying?

Yep! Sign up for 12 months with BT and you get a BT Vision box for £49 quid (self install). Then it's £10 quid for viewing card and you are away !
You get both BT sports channels plus all the others. The box records, pauses, catch up etc.
I did it last week.

You don't have to sign up for BT Vision though. If you have Sky on satellite then the BT channels are on there as well.

Henkeman said:
Matty said:
Henkeman said:
Yep. Exactly that.

So, in order to get the BT Sport channel for free, I have to sign up to a far inferior internet speed than the one I get through Virgin cables? Think I'll pass.

If BT haven't brought fibre to your area, that's their problem isn't it?

-- Tue May 28, 2013 9:23 am --

TGR said:
mick10 said:

Yep! Sign up for 12 months with BT and you get a BT Vision box for £49 quid (self install). Then it's £10 quid for viewing card and you are away !
You get both BT sports channels plus all the others. The box records, pauses, catch up etc.
I did it last week.

You don't have to sign up for BT Vision though. If you have Sky on satellite then the BT channels are on there as well.

Yep if you already have SKY then £10 quid for a viewing card.
I have sacked SKY off completely - hence the £49 quid deal for the new box which overall is a bargain.

Henkeman said:
Matty said:
Henkeman said:
Yep. Exactly that.

No, it's MY problem, as I'm the one that would have to sign up to BT Broadband to get BT Sports for free and then have to use the substandard service.

Matty said:
Henkeman said:
Matty said:

No, it's MY problem, as I'm the one that would have to sign up to BT Broadband to get BT Sports for free and then have to use the substandard service.

You misunderstand me. BT want your business, that's why they're giving this away. If they don't give you the option, then they can't expect you to switch.

Henkeman said:
Matty said:
Henkeman said:

You misunderstand me. BT want your business, that's why they're giving this away. If they don't give you the option, then they can't expect you to switch.
True, but by me not really having the option to switch to BT broadband I now have to either do without BT Sports, or pay the subscription fee.

Matty said:
Henkeman said:
Matty said:

True, but by me not really having the option to switch to BT broadband I now have to either do without BT Sports, or pay the subscription fee.

What speed do you get? I don't have fibre where I am (from anyone) but my BT broadband is more than quick enough for pretty much anything. Streaming the BBC iPlayer in HD is never an issue.

Henkeman said:
Matty said:
Henkeman said:

If BT don't supply infinity in your area BT sport and ESPN will be delivered through your aerial on the freeveiw channels currently used for sky sports 1&2 and ESPN. So your broadband speed won't effect them
.Sky sports 1 & 2 will ONLY be available streamed but you must be in an infinity enabled area to subscribe. If you are in an infinity enabled area then BT sport and ESPN will also be streamed via broadband.

So as a virginmedia customer will i get bt sports channel free??
I currently get espn free as i'm on the XL package,i won't mind paying a couple of quid extra to get the bt channel...
Fuck it eh,you have to have a few little luxuries in life methinks...

So...It will cost me £12 per month on top of my sky subscription if I sign up before July 31st and I can watch it through my Sky hd box?

I don't want bt broadband..I am quite happy with Sky's broadband.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
So...It will cost me £12 per month on top of my sky subscription if I sign up before July 31st and I can watch it through my Sky hd box?

I don't want bt broadband..I am quite happy with Sky's broadband.

In that case, yes.

The interesting thing will be what happens over the next few years. BT aren't ESPN, they're enormous and a real threat to Sky. They've hoovered up the rugby rights, got a prime package for football (and will go for more next time), the ECB are extremely excited about their arrival for cricket (pound signs are flashing ugh), so it's going to get quite spicy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.