SKY Go on Playstation 4

GX Blue

Hello.

I'm thinking of buying a Playstion4 and I want to use Sky Go on it.

I just clicked on the Sky website to check I can use the PS4 to view Sky Go.

It seems to keep saying Sky Go Extra. Is Sky Go Extra different than Sky Go?

I've cancelled Sky but my old man doesn't use Sky Go so I was hoping I could use his on a PS4.

Is Sky Go and Sky Go extra 2 different things?

Any help on this greatly appreciated.

EDIT

Oh, im also wanting to get BT Sport free when I sign up to BT Broadband. Can I use my PS4 to watch BT Sport? Is there a PS4, BT App? Thanks again.

You need Sky Go Extra to watch Sky on a PS4 and/or a Xbox - it's an extra £5 from memory. Regular Sky Go won't let you access it via those devices. I would add that watching live TV on Sky Go buffers a lot, even if you have very fast broadband. It's one of the reasons I took the hit and bought regular Sky. The quality is good though - not quite HD but close enough.

You can't watch BT sport via the PS4 - I use a Chromecast to watch it. The quality is very good; better than Sky Go. That said, I'm not sure if you can use the PS4 browser to access the BT sport website and watch it that way.

You need Sky Go Extra to watch Sky on a PS4 and/or a Xbox - it's an extra £5 from memory. Regular Sky Go won't let you access it via those devices. I would add that watching live TV on Sky Go buffers a lot, even if you have very fast broadband. It's one of the reasons I took the hit and bought regular Sky. The quality is good though - not quite HD but close enough.

You can't watch BT sport via the PS4 - I use a Chromecast to watch it. The quality is very good; better than Sky Go. That said, I'm not sure if you can use the PS4 browser to access the BT sport website and watch it that way.

That's all really helpful mate. Thanks for all that.

I dont know much about Chromecasts. Can I watch BT and SKY GO on a Chromecast device???

Last edited:
No, Sky Go can only be watched via their website or their app, which is available on mobiles, tablets and game consoles, it doesn't work on Chromecast or an Amazon Firestick. They like to control exactly what devices it's being watched on.

I think that the only way to watch BT sport on your television (without having a box) is via Chromecast or plugging your laptop into your TV. Chromecast is good in that it's small, tidy and you can just plug it into any TV with a HDMI port, so you can easily watch it in another room if needed. That said, it might be worth buying your PS4 (assuming you're definitely buying one regardless of Sky) and trying to access BT sport via their browser before spending £30 on a Chromecast if you're trying to do it as cheaply as possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.