Sky - Mané Red card poll (official appeal rejected)

When was the last time they came up with poll after a red card ?
If that was kun he would've been inside the jail by now.

I think you can make a case for yellow and for red.

Very tough call this one, because Ederson really threw himself into the challenge bravely.

Personally, I would not have given a red card there. Although I am personally one that does not like to see red cards handed out in matches except when absolutely necessary. Taking a player off changes the match entirely

The word "controversial" appears in some reports on ESPN - they must be joking. A foot higher than the waist, showing studs, aiming for a player is dangerous play. Going towards the head is even more dangerous. It wasn't intentional but still a red.
If they want to discuss controversial red cards what about Kyle Walker and Raheem Sterling.
I must add that Craig Burley on ESPN was vehemently adamant it was a definite RED.

It was 100% red and reminded me of the Thatcher on Mendes challenge.

Mane saw the keeper coming had time to pull out and yet he lunged with both feet of the ground at his head it was horrific.

As for the game obviously they were less of a threat after that but we had been on top for 40 minutes and were winning.

The fact they completely capitulated shows what they're all about as a top team wouldn't just fold.

Very tough call this one, because Ederson really threw himself into the challenge bravely.

Personally, I would not have given a red card there. Although I am personally one that does not like to see red cards handed out in matches except when absolutely necessary. Taking a player off changes the match entirely
So what makes you think there's a valid case for it to have been a yellow?

It would help if you try to be independent in your thinking rather than flow with media headlines. Top teams don't capitulate after a red card they adjust and compete.

So if Ederson was just stood there and Mane went for the ball in the same fashion then you'd then consider it a red ?

Sorry bud, but Edersons actions have little to do with the offence, it's the reckless nature of Mane's actions that make the offence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.