Sky question??

gazhinio

My question is thus..
If I call Sky, to cancel my deal...are they likely to offer me a better deal?
Basically, I have spoken to them a few times this month, due to a fault with our sky!
Now, everytime I call them, the offer changes every single time!
Got to the stage now where I feel really pissed off with them!!!
Only problem is, my mrs really wants to stay with them, because of the kids channels etc

Also, do I really need an engineer (at the cost of £60!) to put my new box in??

Any advice?

You don't need an engineer to install a new box, its just a case of sticking the satellite cables in and switching it on

are you under contract? if not phone them and ask for cancelations they will ask you why and then put you on hold for a few minutes then hit you with a big discount, myself i cancelled yesterday and they offerd to drop my package from £72 down to £42 for six months, i have bailed out from sky and going to buy a hd freeview box £35 and apple tv £70 (one off payment) total £105 beats sky subs of £864 per year plus i get all the movies i want and the kids get the disney stuff not forgetting all the live footie etc

After years of being a Sky subscriber I finally lost patience with their blatant rag bias. After I cancelled I had no end of calls and letters offering all sorts of deals to come back.

They stopped when I told the guy that I would sign-up if he would guarantee no more close-ups of overweight, ugly scouse man united footballers gurning into my tv screen and frightening the kids.

It all went a bit quiet after that!

marco said:
are you under contract? if not phone them and ask for cancelations they will ask you why and then put you on hold for a few minutes then hit you with a big discount, myself i cancelled yesterday and they offerd to drop my package from £72 down to £42 for six months, i have bailed out from sky and going to buy a hd freeview box £35 and apple tv £70 (one off payment) total £105 beats sky subs of £864 per year plus i get all the movies i want and the kids get the disney stuff not forgetting all the live footie etc

Where r u getting your movies and footy from?

My brother works in the Sky call centre in Stockport and he reckons Tuesday is the best day for deals or incentives to sty on...

I got a 2tb hd box last week for £49 on a deal I knew nothing about, there's also a free wifi unit at the minute if you have movies.... They only tell you the most basic of info...

Funny as I have had a phone with Virgin for about 7 years and they gave me a TiVo box tonight to stay for another year, I would have probably stayed anyway.... Don't have their TV as we have Sky but it'll make a great recordable freeview box with free delivery and install in another room bundled....

I've found Sky give litte away unless you force them too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.