Sky Ref Watch - Dermot Gallagher

If Dermot Gallagher is the PiGMOL chosen rep to explain away the constant flaws and fuck ups brought about by their bungled introduction of VAR, they have certainly picked the right one.

Every week, without fail, he manages to " justify " the most ludicrous decisions made by the inept / corrupt collection of PL lackies otherwise known as referees. How anybody can come out with the utter shite that he does , supported by the nodding donkeys Stephen Warnock and Sue Smith, is a total insult to people's intelligence and understanding of the laws of football.

Football supporters are having two fingers stuck up to them week in and week out by the arrogant and dishonest organisations currently ruining the football experience for millions of people.

Makes me piss Dermot fuckface. He continually talks shite and seems to thrive in highlighting incidents to do with the Scousers.
A total fuckin joke of a discussion, he continually contradicts VAR, why do they still have ref watch when in theory VAR is supposed to eradicate mistakes.
All part of the facade of the farce that is VAR.

What do you suggest they do? A simple law saying any use of the hand that leads to a goal scoring opportunity should be penalised is all they can do or else you're back in deliberate/accidental territory which allows refs to pick and choose who to screw.

They pick and choose now. It’s also open to interpretation with how far you go back for it to be in a build up to the goal. Also the Ali type goals that get missed and allowed. Also quite crazy to have one rule for an attacker and a separate one for a defender.

The daft twat. The Boly incident was completely different. For starters the ball didn't accidentally brush against his arm he punched it into the net and on top of that he was offside.

I have read a few of these and to me it just feels like they just try and kid us that they are being neutral but we can all see one team is being favoured week in week out.

Rice didnt have time to move his arm the defender heads it onto his arm from about a foot away. Not one player appealed for hand ball.

Exactly.. The Boly incident was both DELIBERATE handball AND offside. Those of us who wanted VAR wanted it to correct these obvious infractions of the laws of the game that were being missed by officials. WE didn’t wish for a change in the law which has now given us the unfair situation in which an attacker’s arm touching the ball undeliberately prior to a goal being scored being penalised, whereas a defender’s arm touching the ball in the same situation isn’t penalised. It’s the change of law that is the problem. I hope Gallagher reads this thread, the stupid twunt might learn something.

Haha it couldn't be less black and white if it tried,the boly handball was very clear and obvious,they have twisted it so that it couldn't be further away from that,not to mention they are not following the governing bodies rules

Oh and the geordie one that was allowed,not having the correct angle was a bollocks excuse,it's whose arm itis and in what shirt they are going on

What a sell out,him and walton,thought they were football men

The law itself is actually required and should work well in principle. That West Ham goal is a perfect example, it's accidental and it may appear harsh but if didn't hit his hand it was heading out for a throw in. West Ham gained an advantage from use of the hand, no issue with that one being ruled out. Mane scored against Utd where he accidentally controlled the ball with an arm, he didn't mean it but he gained from it so again it's fair enough.

Gallagher is going on about the Boly goal but in reality it was the Llorente goal that has us where we are. Boly's wasn't seen and if was it would have been disallowed. Llorentes was seen, under the laws now that's not a goal, under the laws last season an accidental handball wasn't enough to rule out a goal.If both of those happened now the right outcome would be reached. The issue we have now is they go searching for miniscule touches off the arm like the Jesus goal against Spurs or the one Wolves scored at Leicester. If they leave the law as is but apply common sense then it would be fine.

Not forgetting that Deli Ali controlled the ball with his arm, scored, and although clearly seen by VAR, the goal was allowed to stand

The law is the problem, a huge problem.

I can see the point in disallowing the goal if it hits scorer on the arm and goes in. But for an accidental handball in the build up, like Laporte then it should be treated like any accidental handball in general play and disregarded.If there is the same accidental contact as there was by Laporte by a defender then a penalty wouldn't be given.

If Dermot Gallagher is the PiGMOL chosen rep to explain away the constant flaws and fuck ups brought about by their bungled introduction of VAR, they have certainly picked the right one.

Every week, without fail, he manages to " justify " the most ludicrous decisions made by the inept / corrupt collection of PL lackies otherwise known as referees. How anybody can come out with the utter shite that he does , supported by the nodding donkeys Stephen Warnock and Sue Smith, is a total insult to people's intelligence and understanding of the laws of football.

Football supporters are having two fingers stuck up to them week in and week out by the arrogant and dishonest organisations currently ruining the football experience for millions of people.

Makes me piss Dermot fuckface. He continually talks shite and seems to thrive in highlighting incidents to do with the Scousers.
A total fuckin joke of a discussion, he continually contradicts VAR, why do they still have ref watch when in theory VAR is supposed to eradicate mistakes.
All part of the facade of the farce that is VAR.
All good points and general discussion.

As I alluded to in many other posts in this and the VAR thread, this [farcical] interpretation and [inconsistent] application of the new handball rule is by design (as is the ridiculous implementation of VAR and Gallagher’s ludicrous defences of it).

It allows them to manipulate outcomes to the fullest possible extent. And, once the intended manipulation has been realised, they’ll “fix” the rule for next season and take a victory lap for “listening” to fan, club, and media feedback.

And move on to their next novel apparatus for manipulation of results that they’ll play dumb about the next season.

“Well, you asked for this botched version, so don’t complain!”

DERMOT'S VERDICT: Correct decision.

"With the Willy Boly incident [handball against Manchester City last season], it was the one everyone said showed that we couldn't go on like we were and the law had to be changed. It was changed because of that and now everyone is saying it's not what they wanted - you have to be careful what you wish for.

Was it? I don't remember a great groundswell of opinion that we were the victims of some great injustice.

Are Sky on a mission to make up a new incorrect fact involving City every day?

Last edited:
Was it? I don't remember a great groundswell of opinion that we were the victims of some great injustice.

Are Sky on a mission to make up a new incorrect fact involving City every day?
Correct.. the general opinion expressed at the time by our wonderful media types and supporters of opposition clubs was words to the effect of 'Sup it up.. it'll even itself out over the season.. blah, blah, blah..' and so on. Makes me wonder why such revisionism is going on regarding the issues that have developed concerning VAR implementation. Or am I a cynic for thinking that way?

They pick and choose now. It’s also open to interpretation with how far you go back for it to be in a build up to the goal. Also the Ali type goals that get missed and allowed. Also quite crazy to have one rule for an attacker and a separate one for a defender.

Can't see why they can't have separate rules for attackers and defenders - they have separate rules for different attackers, depending onwhether they want to award a goal or not, having first checked the shade of shirt that's in the frame.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.