Sky report - England v Italy chaos

It wasn’t the stewards fault to fair.

I spoke with one of my clients yesterday who was a volunteer steward and it was chaos.

Unlike a normal match you had too many different organisations and security firms involved

there were Wembley stewards, match stewards, various other firms supplying stewards, the FA were managing the overall stewarding and then UEFA were in supposed to be in overall control as it was their event.

Many hundreds of fans were outside from 1 pm getting boozed up and on some gates there were only 4 staff ie disabled gates

policing outside was shambolic and they only entered after thousands had entered and then they were in the wrong place.

the carnage after the match was far worse and the hundreds of volunteers were kept in the stadium until the early hours as it was bedlam for hours after the match
police rarely go into stadiums now as clubs refuse to pay for them going in. Policing outside is a different budget.

Know exactly how you feel Cellarite. I’m still brewing after the champions league debacle and was absolutely gutted for a few days after.
The England game although enjoyable for some parts didn’t have the same feeling and is a case of oh well after they lost. I was kind of getting in to it a bit as all my mates were bang on it but after the Sterling bullshit after the Denmark game I sort of thought fuck it and I’ll sack it off.

I’ve done a few England games over the years but never really got into it and never really felt like doing the whole dam busters and great escape bullshit that seems to be the norm with English followings. Glad it’s all over to be honest.

Whenever I’ve been in large crowds with England Fans I always feel an uneasy undercurrent. I was in Benidorm for a stag weekend during the last World Cup and England played on the Sunday afternoon. It was just minging out there and that evening kicked off a treat with the local old bill. They didn’t fuck about and everyone was fair game for getting a glancing blow around the canister with a baton. The bar we were in just locked the doors.

On the day of the European Championship final, I woke up and thought "Quality, England in a final tonight."

On the day of the Champions League final, I woke up feeling sick with nerves.

Don't get me wrong, we had some friends round for a bbq, a lot of drinks and I was playing old World Cup songs before the match but the feeling was nowhere near how I feel for City.
Never has been for me.

I think the difference in how you felt is spot on. I use all my sporting energy on City, I enjoy watching other football/sport but it's all a watch on the surface with City to use a phrase "it means more". That being said if we fuck up I get over it quickly now, used to take a week when I was younger.

police rarely go into stadiums now as clubs refuse to pay for them going in. Policing outside is a different budget.
Correct. And we as a club can attest to how precious UEFA are about controlling and managing the operation of their affairs at these competitions. They and Wembley organised security and stewarding from dribblers and no marks from no end of providers and fucked it up. And the ultimate blame, dont lose sight of this, lies with the absolute cunts who jibbed in and caused a mini riot to do it. I hate this passing of responsibility and blame onto others. No cuntery, no issue. Got a ticket, go in, dont have a ticket then grow up be an adult and fuck off.

Sky were reporting from outside the ground from early morning saying what a great atmosphere it was on such a historic day and encouraging people to get there and experience it.
Now they are condemning all the knobheads that did.......twats !
sounds familiar thought they'd learn with mardarses at end of last season they whipped up to frenzy

We Wembley get fined more than the rags for the trouble ? Both had fans getting their stadium. At least the England game went ahead so England fine will be less than the rags which was postponed
I'd love to hear Gary Neville's views on the Wembley final.

According to his logic, the England fans at Wembley did nothing wrong. They simply stormed a stadium which was seen as "peaceful" two months ago by Neville.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.