Sky v Now TV

Raheem is worth a lot more than 13 n' half quid Bob. Well he might not be around Burnley where locals bark at the moon Bob ; )

The time for honouring themselves will soon be at an end mate as increasing competition forces their hand. Scurrilous dogs and if they try to play me I will cancel with no adverse effect and wait for them to ring back .. And they do always ring back. Always.

It's a little bit like the airlines with empty seat conundrums except far less complex. They can either take £18 a month for an 18 months contract by simply pressing an activation button or they can whistle Dixie via their sphincters. Not right mythered.

First round and into retention dept and £22 offered for entertainment hd kids and box sets. Or £69 for everything including multi room. They have to do much much better so cancellation tendered and waiting for "The Call" ...Its all just a game !

I've got the Sky Q entertainment package with all the kids programmes etc, is anyone on here using Now TV instead and how do they find it regarding usability, value for money etc?

Last time I looked at it, the things that put me off vs Sky were:
1. Risk of stream buffering
2. Lower picture quality
3. not having all the record, pause, playback storage facility etc which the family (and me) find really handy

First round and into retention dept and £22 offered for entertainment hd kids and box sets. Or £69 for everything including multi room. They have to do much much better so cancellation tendered and waiting for "The Call" ...Its all just a game !

In exactly the same boat. Coming to an end with my Sky contract. Been looking at the Now TV option and it looks tempting. I believe you can use the Now TV on 2 devices at the same time so the misses can disappear upstairs whilst i watch stuff on the main TV can anyone confirm this?
My contract with sky has increased to £120 which is the Line rental, Sky Fibre Max, Box set package, Multiroom, Sky Sports package, kids package. Its extortionate and need to weigh up my options. You should be able to get everything for at least £60 in my opinion.
Like someone has said its the record facility which is the stumbling block but i suppose you can use catch up on the Now TV?
Going to ring up soon and start haggling. I know from past experience how annoying this is but you have to persist and bluff them

In exactly the same boat. Coming to an end with my Sky contract. Been looking at the Now TV option and it looks tempting. I believe you can use the Now TV on 2 devices at the same time so the misses can disappear upstairs whilst i watch stuff on the main TV can anyone confirm this?
My contract with sky has increased to £120 which is the Line rental, Sky Fibre Max, Box set package, Multiroom, Sky Sports package, kids package. Its extortionate and need to weigh up my options. You should be able to get everything for at least £60 in my opinion.
Like someone has said its the record facility which is the stumbling block but i suppose you can use catch up on the Now TV?
Going to ring up soon and start haggling. I know from past experience how annoying this is but you have to persist and bluff them

According to the official site The Now TV service permits you to register up-to four playback devices and view their service on up-to two at the same time. We have a Humax box 11s we can record live TV from but obviously not from the Netflix and Prime services. Our last 18 month deal was £42 that came apart brick by brick toward the end of it's tenure so that we now we just have kids, entertainment box sets and HD for £18 which terminates beginning of July. Cdkeys seem to offer good prices on the Now TV and it's currently £13.50 for a three months entertainment pass. Going off previous Sky experience they will ring me back either before our cancellation date or afterwards with something better than their retention dept could muster and if not I have the Humax live TV with record and the Amazon and Netflix to doggy paddle with until they come good. All it costs Sky is the press of a button and better to carry a customer on a reduced deal for 18 months than a no deal. The only thing I would miss is their remarkably good 1 Terra Sky Q box with ultra HD. Your deal for £120 seems ridiculously high so see what you can haggle down. The first call will be to a sky agent who will offer a deal and then a reduced deal when you are passed to retention. The best deals always seem to come after you cancel down as they do not want to lose you as a valuable customer.

Last edited:
How do you pair? Is that with an iPhone? Tried to do it with mine via the Firestick but having no joy casting to the tv
I've got the Samsung 8 which has the pairing as does my LG TV I go on the TV press the pair bit then do the same on my phone it brings your phone screen up on TV then I just scroll down to my sport apps

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.