SKY Wireless Connector for Anytime+ - great deal

brummie blue

Just a heads up guys, as SKY never advertise these things.

If you have your SKY+ box in a different room to your SKY broadband wireless router, and you wanted to use SKY anytime or on demand services you previously needed to either move your router to the SKY+ box and connect with a cable or buy a wireless connector, which was around £40-£50.

SKY have reduced the wireless connector price to £9.99, I ordered one, plugged it in and it works a treat.

link to it is: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/wireless-connector/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/wireless-connector/</a>

Guessing this is just like how i've set my PC up at home. My Router is upstairs but my PC for work doesn't have wireless capability due to security, so I bought a device which plugs into the mains and allows the connection that way like this:

Plug into mains upstairs with cable going from router to the plug.
Plug downstairs with cable going from plug to the PC.

Cost me £30 and it was either that or pay BfuckingT £200+ to fit a new master socket.

I have the same problem with Sky anytime +, as the router is upstairs and the Sky box in the living room.

immels wonkey eye said:
i work for sky, there is a promo in the pipeline to get them adapters for free, this should be in next 3 months so hold on for that. although the new 2tb box for 49 quid upgrade is a good offer
2TB? Anyone who needs that much must simply never watch anything they record! I got the 1TB for £49 last week with free installation and free multiroom HD installation too.

Pigeonho said:
immels wonkey eye said:
i work for sky, there is a promo in the pipeline to get them adapters for free, this should be in next 3 months so hold on for that. although the new 2tb box for 49 quid upgrade is a good offer
2TB? Anyone who needs that much must simply never watch anything they record! I got the 1TB for £49 last week with free installation and free multiroom HD installation too.

the 1tb boxes are obsolete as of november, 2tb box as standard from now on

immels wonkey eye said:
Pigeonho said:
immels wonkey eye said:

2tb. That's an insane amount of memory.

Pigeonho said:
immels wonkey eye said:
Pigeonho said:

had a chuckle at this remembering the first time I had 1mb of memory on my pc...

Just a heads up, I had mine hard wired and it was great, with the wireless box it needs to have the WEP key re-added most days which is a pain in the arse

Does save you routing ethernet cables around the house mind and a damn sight better than the £50-60 that they once were

Pigeonho said:
immels wonkey eye said:
Pigeonho said:

It is but I bought myself a 2tb media player for putting my "borrowed films" on and given time it will be filled.

immels wonkey eye said:

I'm guessing they are clearing stock of wireless connectors, with the old HD boxes being discontinued in November and SKY offering a deal on the 2TB boxes, it's likely that the next generation new Hd boxes will have wireless built in like smart tv's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.