Sky

gaz76

Anyone know much about sky? Me and the mrs are movin into a new house and I'm wanting to get the best package out of them, multi room,HD etc we're with virgin at the minute so will be new sky customers,also when you get multi room do sky do all the wiring etc for you?

kippaxwarrior said:
Yeah
ive got sky+HD downstairs and sky+ upstairs didnt take them long to install it all about 45mins
1 dish 2LMB's on it
i pay £75 per month as ive got ESPN as well
What's a lmb? Do you get phone and Internet for that 75 quid? How longs your contract?

gaz76 said:
kippaxwarrior said:
Yeah
ive got sky+HD downstairs and sky+ upstairs didnt take them long to install it all about 45mins
1 dish 2LMB's on it
i pay £75 per month as ive got ESPN as well
What's a lmb? Do you get phone and Internet for that 75 quid? How longs your contract?

LNB. Low Noise Block. its the part on the end of the dish. the dish itself is just a reflector that bounces the signal into the LNB which filters the noise out and sends the signal down the cable to your box! it also amplifies the signal as by the time it had come down from the satellite it is very weak. the type of LNB used on a sky antenna is a 'universal' LNB but you can also have 'fixed' LNB's. you can have ones with two outputs and four, (quad lnb).
not sure on the money side but i used to work for sky as a fitter before going on to work on the big antennas, v-sat, scpc etc. and yeah the fitter should do all wiring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.