Sledging (not the cricket sort)

SWP's back

Decided that as my Mrs is off tomorrow that I may as well take the day off and take her and the dog sledging.

Only problem being that I have only lived in Manchester for 6 years and haven't the first clue of where or which direction to go. Growing up it was always the Kirkstone Pass in the Lakes you see.

So, all you Mancs, where would be good to go for a few hours of snowbound mayhem?

SWP's back said:
Decided that as my Mrs is off tomorrow that I may as well take the day off and take her and the dog sledging.

Only problem being that I have only lived in Manchester for 6 years and haven't the first clue of where or which direction to go. Growing up it was always the Kirkstone Pass in the Lakes you see.

So, all you Mancs, where would be good to go for a few hours of snowbound mayhem?

Glory Hunter! ;)

Pigeonho said:
Tandle Hills - Royton way.
You're a Didsbury resident aren't you? You'll be at Tandle Hills in half hour easy, and it's a good place to take your pooch for a walk too. Nice hot coffee in the cafe afterwards.
Yeah I am mate, is it easy enough to get to without a 4x4 in the snow? Only got an estate.

SWP's back said:
Pigeonho said:
Tandle Hills - Royton way.
You're a Didsbury resident aren't you? You'll be at Tandle Hills in half hour easy, and it's a good place to take your pooch for a walk too. Nice hot coffee in the cafe afterwards.
Yeah I am mate, is it easy enough to get to without a 4x4 in the snow? Only got an estate.

its just a normal park enterance with a flat car park, once through the gates the hills fall away. very good there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.