sleep

garymj said:
I read somewhere once, if you cant sleep,lie flat and squeeze your forefinger and thumb together, and at the same time press you lower back into the bed, and count to ten while holding your breath.Then relax,and you should fall asleep.

Also having a wank helps

roaminblue said:
How much do you need get?

Been averaging four and a half/five hours a night for a couple of months now...

...its not enough.
That's about how much I'm sleeping. I'm often wide awake when it gets light at 04:30-05:00 in the Summer months after going to sleep at about midnight. I often have a nap late afternoon in the Summer though. I'm home from work at 15:30-16:00 sometimes so I get an hour when I get in. Seems to do the trick and knock the edge off me.

During the Winter I seem to need hours and hours more sleep. I could stay in bed, sleeping, til 11:00 no problem after going to sleep at 22:00 the night before. Only thing is, I can't. I'm often in work later in the Winter too, so no afternoon kips.

I read a medical article once that said seven hours a night was the optimum period for sleep

You don't need more than that and any less than that begins to affect your health

squirtyflower said:
I read a medical article once that said seven hours a night was the optimum period for sleep

You don't need more than that and any less than that begins to affect your health
I doubt there's one optimum that applies to everyone though. We all have lifestyle and genetic differences that'll affect the amount of sleep we need.

pee dubya said:
squirtyflower said:

I doubt there's one optimum that applies to everyone though. We all have lifestyle and genetic differences that'll affect the amount of sleep we need.
I agree
But it was quite a huge study carried out over some years
It cam out in about 2007
Clearly the seven hours would be taken as an average

squirtyflower said:

We are meant to sleep for 4 hours, do a bit of hunting, then have another 4 hours later on. cannot see that catching on though

to be honest, its more likely the heat than anything recently, forgot about that while throwing my earlier textbased tantrum

Hamann Pineapple said:
About 5/6 hours, you need less as you get older

I'm still waiting for this to kick in. I'll be 50 in a couple of months and I need 8 hrs per night. I get up at 6:00 am during the week and I'm usually up by 7:00 on the weekends. I do work in construction and do very hard physical work though. I'd probably only need an hour if I worked in an office ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.