Sleep

Once had to work several weeks without sleep. Spoke to a doctor about how to stay awake. He said that sleep was overrated and that what makes you tired is tossing and turning in an effort to get to sleep. His advice was to lie still and rest and that any sleep you managed was a bonus.
That actually works. I feel ten times better when I just lay resting than I do trying to force sleep.

It’s a bit weird for me. The number of hours sleep don’t seem to make much difference, it’s the time I get up.
Go to bed at 2am and get up at 8am and I’m fresh as a daisy, go to bed at 10pm and get up at 6am and I’m fucked all day.
Think it’s all to do with body clocks and some people just arent morning people.

It’s a bit weird for me. The number of hours sleep don’t seem to make much difference, it’s the time I get up.
Go to bed at 2am and get up at 8am and I’m fresh as a daisy, go to bed at 10pm and get up at 6am and I’m fucked all day.
Think it’s all to do with body clocks and some people just arent morning people.
Mrs P isn’t a morning person. Infact I’ve never feared anyone’s wrath like I do hers. I’m at work anyway but even on the phone I stay clear until at least 10am when I know she will have had a brew etc. Fuck that shit. (To the marriage thread!!!)

I'm shit at sleeping always have been.

Used to be I couldn't drop off now I'm off pretty quick but I wake a couple of times for a hour or so every night.

Have suffered with sleeping problems for the past 30+ years.
I use sleeping tablets but my GP will only allow me a dosage of 28 tablets in a 6 month cycle.At least they work and in general they knock me out from anything between 9-12 hours.

Me too but mine lets me have them continually. Probably addicted now though and god knows what damage they do long term. Been on them nearly 3 years now. I have mangled to get down to 5mg from 10 now. I sleep about 6 hrs on them. Without them I have been known to go 2 nights without any sleep.

Have suffered with sleeping problems for the past 30+ years.
I use sleeping tablets but my GP will only allow me a dosage of 28 tablets in a 6 month cycle.At least they work and in general they knock me out from anything between 9-12 hours.

What do you use (if you don’t mind me asking).

The US formulation of Benadryl contains Diphenhydramine, a decent sleeping aid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.