Slingbox or Similar

My speciality topic lol. I work abroad and I like to watch my UK tv. I have a slingbox and yes you can watch it anywhere you have a net connection. I can even watch it on my iphone on a 3g connection. Picture quality does depend on your upload speed of internet where the Slingbox is.
I can watch BBC Iplayer or any of the other iplayers as well by having a UK proxy.
Do you already have a slingbox? they are quite expensive for a few weeks on hol? Maybe getting a proxy would be the cheaper option

Gaz in Belgium said:
My speciality topic lol. I work abroad and I like to watch my UK tv. I have a slingbox and yes you can watch it anywhere you have a net connection. I can even watch it on my iphone on a 3g connection. Picture quality does depend on your upload speed of internet where the Slingbox is.
I can watch BBC Iplayer or any of the other iplayers as well by having a UK proxy.
Do you already have a slingbox? they are quite expensive for a few weeks on hol? Maybe getting a proxy would be the cheaper option

thing is my missus and the kids like watching all the 'nonsense channels' on Sky. so while I can pick up sky I and sports and do movies via xmbc they cant get dave or Watch or gold. i'm hoping slingbox will cure this....an I can pick one up fairly cheaply.

How does it work...is to simple? (it'll need to be for the missus to operate

once you have connected it to your sky box and set the internet part its dead easy. You just go to slingbox website and it connects to your box in your house. A graphic of a sky remote pops up and as well as the what ever is being shown and you just press the buttons like you would with the real remote. Its just like having the box in front of you. You can have 2 box's connected as well, so i have a Digibox connected as the 2nd input. So I can flip between what box I watch as well

I got one for my mate in Tenerife so he could watch Sky Sports and when I'm overseas. Not a bad piece of kit.

Bit expensive for a one off though. I use a proxy now. One I've got, I can use it on 2 computers. My mate watches Sky Go in Tenerife via a UK ISP, I watch US Netflix, Blinkbox etc through a US ISP. Handy for me when I'm abroad as a lot of betting sites are blocked overseas. Think it's about £5.99 a month.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.