Slow internet

sboroMCFC

Why is my internet so slow at downloading? I am going through wireless onto a router. These are the stats from my router homepage...

DownStream Connection Speed 6976 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed 448 kbps

Why am I only averaging about 50 - 100kbps download speeds from every website? Cheers.

sboroMCFC said:
Why is my internet so slow at downloading? I am going through wireless onto a router. These are the stats from my router homepage...

DownStream Connection Speed 6976 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed 448 kbps

Why am I only averaging about 50 - 100kbps download speeds from every website? Cheers.

Definatly 50 - 100 kbits/S? I would expect a 7mb connection to be able to download at several hundred kBytes/S.

The problem could be your computer, your ISP or a problem with your modem/router or possibly someone else hogging your wireless connection if its not properly secured,
Try a couple of these speedtests. Try with a wired connection (direct to your modem if its seperate) with wireless disabled on your router, and try with a different computer if possible. Try them with your virus scanner switched off too, depending on which you use and the speed of your PC can make a noticable difference.
All of the above may give some idea where the problem is, if you can rule out your computer/router out as the problem then you have to speak to you ISP.

Thanks for that mate, recently I have also had problems streaming videos without constant stalling. My phone line connection is also a bit dodgy, I thought this might have something to do with it? Cheers anyway!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.