Small World

mdj0520

Disclaimer; Brief back story imminent...

Having been born in Nottingham, to parents from Gorton area, we moved to the US when I was 10. We used to come back every year, but since I've been fending for myself, I get back once every 2 years to see City. I'm 24 now, and as I'm pretty shit (despite being in love with) football and of course City, I found my athletic fortitude in swimming, and have been ranked nationally in the US. I now coach for a premier swim club in the states.

OK, having got that out of way, I was coaching the other day, when a 16 year old swimmer whom I do not personally coach yelled at me across the pool deck. It was the day of the Juventus match, so I was naturally wearing my City shirt.
He yelled, "Hey, you're the English coach right? You're a City fan?"
Me, "City till I die."
He replies, "My godfather is Garry Cook."
I say, "... You're fucking joking."
He says, " Yeah dude, he married my dad's cousin" (or some shit like that).

He has gone on to bring photos of him and Cook and signed Uwe Rosler memorabilia to practice since.

Anyway, I live in North Carolina, where if anyone happens to know about football it pertains to the scum, Arsenal, Chelsea, or Liverpool (well... my room mate is scouse... but he's a Tranmere fan... which deserves some credit in itself). So you can imagine my surprise to hear someone know Gary Cook's name, let alone be his fucking godson. I will be ITK shortly! Haha!

Just thought I'd share.

mdj0520 said:
Disclaimer; Brief back story imminent...

Having been born in Nottingham, to parents from Gorton area, we moved to the US when I was 10. We used to come back every year, but since I've been fending for myself, I get back once every 2 years to see City. I'm 24 now, and as I'm pretty shit (despite being in love with) football and of course City, I found my athletic fortitude in swimming, and have been ranked nationally in the US. I now coach for a premier swim club in the states.

OK, having got that out of way, I was coaching the other day, when a 16 year old swimmer whom I do not personally coach yelled at me across the pool deck. It was the day of the Juventus match, so I was naturally wearing my City shirt.
He yelled, "Hey, you're the English coach right? You're a City fan?"
Me, "City till I die."
He replies, "My godfather is Garry Cook."
I say, "... You're fucking joking."
He says, " Yeah dude, he married my dad's cousin" (or some shit like that).

He has gone on to bring photos of him and Cook and signed Uwe Rosler memorabilia to practice since.

Anyway, I live in North Carolina, where if anyone happens to know about football it pertains to the scum, Arsenal, Chelsea, or Liverpool (well... my room mate is scouse... but he's a Tranmere fan... which deserves some credit in itself). So you can imagine my surprise to hear someone know Gary Cook's name, let alone be his fucking godson. I will be ITK shortly! Haha!

Just thought I'd share.

If I were a scouser I'd support Tranmere!

Colins Bellend said:
Uwe Rosler memrobillia although a Ledge not really up to date with Cookes reign is it.

Dont mention his induction to the CITY hall of fame then!

fbloke said:
Colins Bellend said:
Uwe Rosler memrobillia although a Ledge not really up to date with Cookes reign is it.

Dont mention his induction to the CITY hall of fame then!
I know about that FFS ,a Teves or Toure signed shirt or piccy more apt ,just seems a little odd he gives him a Rosler item when GC still probably doesn't know fu** all about him.With all these players here now you think something a little bit more up to date for a sixteen year old

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.