"Smart" motorways

How could this scenario you describe be possible? There is always a near side lane. Stop in it. Get out. Stand in the trees. It’s the seemingly blind clowns who crash in the back of said stopped vehicle who are the problem.
Mate there are some sections of motorway where there is nowhere to get out of the way due to infrastructure on the sides of them. It isnt hard to understand is it, really? Impossible to get into trees etc if there arent any and you are in effect penned in.

This is why thick people die. The official advice is to get to the near side lane (shouldn’t be too difficult) and then leave your vehicle. NOT stay in it as you state. Even if I’d had no advice I think I’d have the brains to not stay in my car in a live lane.

WTF so only thick people die then? What happened to those not so thick who for one reason or another who are driving as you said perfectly probably like the poor ladies father with his grandchildren in the back before he got ploughed into by a lorry ? As was alluded to on the program you cannot account for other person on the road, you can get over to the side of the road on your wheel steels after a tyre blow out and still be ploughed into before you have chance to bail out of the car.

WTF so only thick people die then? What happened to those not so thick who for one reason or another who are driving as you said perfectly probably like the poor ladies father with his grandchildren in the back before he got ploughed into by a lorry ? As was alluded to on the program you cannot account for other person on the road, you can get over to the side of the road on your wheel steels after a tyre blow out and still be ploughed into before you have chance to bail out of the car.
I don’t get your point. To me, you’re thick if you choose to stay in your broken down car if you have to opportunity to leave it. It therefore puts that the mercy of the many imbeciles out there.

Mate there are some sections of motorway where there is nowhere to get out of the way due to infrastructure on the sides of them. It isnt hard to understand is it, really? Impossible to get into trees etc if there arent any and you are in effect penned in.
I’m struggling to think of anywhere like you describe. Maybe, what 0.01% of all the motorways around Manchester. Barton Bridge perhaps. That’s all that comes to mind. Where else are you in a situation where you’re ‘penned in’??...

I’m not professing to have one unfortunately. Just pointing out that the danger comes from incompetent driving not the design of the motorway.
So the fact the Police federation,the AA and countless others who are able to come to a reasoned judgement do indeed find the motorway design is flawed whilst you just stick to some mad conclusion that most people die because they are thick.
Even were that the case (which it clearly isn't in most scenarios)design is usually done to eradicate all such flaws wherever possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.